Three

The weekend wasn't as bad as I thought. Dad still spent most of his time at the shop he's working at and Clara was just in her room the whole time so it really wasn't bad at all.

Today is school day again. Tired of it—or maybe I'm just too lazy but I really hate going to school.

It's not that I get bullied or jumped into by a bunch of jocks. It's not that I have bad grades either, I don't have bad grades. Fair is the word I could use except from, of course, French class. But, overall I have good enough grades to keep my GPA up.

I just hate the fact of being with strangers for hours inside this big campus. It's me who doesn't want to be with lots of people that I don't know and you can't blame me for that. I just really don't vibe with it.

Luckily, this school is where Alvin goes too so at least that could lessen the weight from my shoulders. We have two subjects where we could be together and that's totally fine. As long as I have someone around that I know, I'm fine with it.

Until he decided to come up with the stupidest question that he could ask and it led to the dumbest conversation that we could ever have.

"So, how are you holding up with Mindy?" he asked, leaning to his left side so he could deliver the question in a whisper.

I turned my head slowly to face him. He raised an eyebrow at me, probably waiting for an answer. "Of all the questions you could ask me, you choose that one stupid question." I said.

He shrugged. "What, I just want to know what's happening."

"Well, nothing is happening. Okay? So, shut up and read your book." I turned my attention to the professor in front.

"Nothing? Like not even text, calls, or even meet-ups?"

"Jesus, what does nothing mean to you?"

"I don't know, Elliot. Wouldn't it be good to elaborate?"

I was about to snap and shout at him when the professor noticed us and decided to mention us loudly. We got the typical line that you usually get whenever a teacher caught you whispering to one of your peers, "Mr. Hamilton and Mr. Williams, would you care to share something with the class?" Well, no thank you.

We both shook our heads and I sighed quietly. Alvin and I shut up after we got noticed. I glared at him once and he responded with a forced smile.

The good thing is I wasn't kicked out again. Mr. Nolan has a bit of mercy in his pants and that's great.

We proceeded to our next classes and now that Alvin has mentioned Mindy, I can't stop thinking about her again.

Mindy was the very first girlfriend that I had after a lot of dating sessions that had happened in my life and we've been together for five months. Everything was completely fine until one summer night, she flew to another country.

Long distance relationships aren't really my thing, but I got the hold of it. I texted her everyday. I called her every night. I updated her on each and every moment. I checked in on her every time.

But, I didn't know what happened. We were really happy and contented with each other. It's been a month since my last text message on her and she hasn't replied to it.

I tried calling her and reaching out to her. But no one's answering. I think about the things that I did. If I did something wrong or said something that offended her. If there was something, I know I'd be able to fix it.

I screw things up. But, I manage to fix them in some way.

Right now, all I could think about is getting through school and taking care of what I need to take care of. And also Mindy... sort of.