Four

And then New Year's Eve came. I also liked New Year's Eve. It always brings excitement to me.

New year means new adventure. New year means new faces. New year means new struggles. New year means new friends (maybe). New year means new path.

Everything that happened this year would be left alone. All the screwed up shits. Shit. All of it, would be left behind.

There are things I wouldn't want to leave: My dad, and Clara, and Alvin, and his parents, and my friends, and Mom, and Tobias.

Tobias. He's the greatest thing that ever happened this year. I'm willing to take him with me in another year. And on the next one. And the next one. And the next one. And the next one. And maybe forever.

I'd like to have him always by my side, as much as he wanted me to be by his. We're like a new picture from a board full of the old ones. A new discovery that could mark as great history. That was beautiful.

"Happy new year!" All of us shouted.

The fireworks boomed at the dark sky. They painted the whole black sky with their wonderful bright colors. I looked around. I saw the people that made my year whole.

Dad. Clara. Alvin. Mr. Williams. Mrs. Williams. My friends.

They were the most important people in my life. And I'd take them with me into another year. And on the next one. And the next one. And the next one. And maybe forever.

I'd like to have the two other important people in my life to be here also. But it wouldn't happen. I quietly wished for them to be okay instead.