Seven

France was undeniably extraordinary. This new world for me was extraordinary. Extraordinary. Extraordinary. Extraordinary. I liked saying that word. I felt like a critic criticizing what needs to be criticized.

When I looked down at the airplane window, I saw a beautiful world. France was our destination, but I saw more than that. I wanted to take my hand off the plane and touch the clouds. I've always wondered how they feel.

"Welcome to France." Tobias had this special smile on his face. He was the real definition of the smiley emoji.

Benedict popped up from behind. "Where are we staying, by the way?"

"My father has a place. It has four rooms. Just good for us. We'll be staying there for the whole week."

"All of us?"

"Yes."

"Holy shit. River, can we be roommates?"

"Sure." River didn't even look up from his book.

"We're literally on vacation, River, and you're still glued to a book?"

"I don't really appreciate the view."

"What I mean is, can't you enjoy and live a little?"

"I am enjoying and living. Both worlds."

That made us laugh, except for Benedict who rolled his eyes. A few minutes more, we touched the ground of France. I like to think that I'm discovering a whole new world ahead of me. But this time, I wasn't alone.