Ten

Rain wasn't showering anymore. The storm was gone and the sun has finally shown up. Snow was melting. Spring was coming soon. School's over in a few months.

Tobias and I are huddled on my bed. The golden sun was warming up our skin. I could smell his sweet perfume on his sweater. "I told Alvin," I said. "About us."

"Really?"

I nodded. His lap was a great pillow. "Yeah. He was happy about it."

He smiled. For the first time in weeks, he smiled. I missed seeing him smile. His genuine smile. "Who else knows?"

"My dad."

"Your dad?"

"He was the first to know actually. He said he kind of figured it out when he caught me staring at you one time."

Tobias grinned. There was always something in that grin that makes him more attractive. I don't know, I think I'm just overreacting.

"You were staring at me?"

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes. But I was smiling.

Tobias broke into a laugh. I missed hearing his laugh. I wish I could hear it more often. He looked beautiful when he laughed. I noticed that his eyes squint when laughing. It's adorable.

"Good to know that I was also the one you're studying," he said. "Besides french."

I punched him in the shoulder. He just laughed. I breathed into his sweater. Damn he smelled so good. Then I felt his hand on my hair. I could fall asleep to him just caressing my hair and all. But I didn't.

"What about you? Have you told anyone?"

"Oui. My dad, my grandma, and also my niece."

"Damn."

"Yeah." He softly chuckled. "Well I wanted them to know who's the reason why I smile a lot lately."

I felt ashamed. I didn't know why. I just did. Is it because of the fact that he was so proud of having me in his life and I couldn't even tell my own sister about him? Maybe. I didn't know. All I know was that I felt ashamed.

I took his hand and put it into my lips.

Everything will be okay.

One day I'll be able to hold his hand while walking around the park. One day I'll be able to introduce him to my sister, to my family in whole. One day I'll be able to take him on a date. One day I'll be able to show the world that we're together. One day I'll be able to hug him and kiss him without hiding it to anyone.

One day everything will be okay.