Seven

"I'm sure you did good, Elliot."

"I don't know, Tobias. What if I didn't?" I said.

"At least, you tried. But I'm sure you did your best. So don't worry that much."

The exams went not as good as I thought. I was fidgeting my pencil all the time and kept on forgetting the words that I've studied on the weekends.

Where is the good things when I need them at a certain moment?

I chugged my whole tumbler empty and ended up needing to use the bathroom. But we can't leave yet unless we've done the exam.

So I say that I'm pretty much fucked up the whole day.

"If you say so." I said. "What about you how did it go?"

He scrunched up his nose. "Good, I think."

"Humble ass nerd."

He laughed. I also laughed.

"I'm not also sure, Elliot. But I'm fairly confident that I've done enough."

"Well, that's easy for you to say, Tobias. You're weirdly smart." I said. "Weird, in general."

He laughed again. "And you like me for it."

"Says who?"

"Says me."

I shook my head. "Cocky bastard." But I smiled.

My heart was pounding again. My head was in the clouds again. I didn't know why. I wanted to know why. This feeling that always happen, I want to know what is it.

Is it good or bad? Is this the secret that the world hides?

I simply don't know. But I want to know.

Because I have a feeling that it might-just might-it might be something I wouldn't regret someday.