Chapter 9

LLOYD'S POV

I didn't want this to end this way, but I really didn't have any other option. I feel sorry for you Blair, you didn't die as yourself and that's what I regret the most. However, you'll always be remembered as what you were like. 

-Lloyd: (approaches Yuna) Are you okay? You should be able to move and talk now since they disappeared… 
-Yuna: (gets up) Ah Lloyd (throws herself into your arms) You don't know how scared I was, I really thought that I would die!
-Lloyd: (sighs) You are too reckless, you can't just approach someone that you don't know… This time I got to arrive on time, but that doesn't mean that I'll always be able to do it. You need to be more careful, okay? 
-Yuna: Why are you saying that? It didn't end? I don't understand anything, Lloyd I'm tired of this game of finding each other and then disappearing. What's going on? Who are you? 
-Lloyd: I'll explain everything to you while we return with the rest of your members, they must be dead worried (starts walking ahead) 
-Yuna: Lloyd… Are you okay? I've never seen you like this… (worried)
-Lloyd: I am not. I just lost someone important to me… (looks down) How am I going to explain this to Clive?! (gets on your knees) 
-Yuna: (pats your back) I'm really sorry… Although I don't really understand what's going on, I'll be careful. I'll obey you, cheer up, okay? (smiles) 
-Lloyd: (gets up) I just don't want to lose you again, you know? 
-Yuna: And you won't (smiles) I'm here. 
-Lloyd: (forces a smile) Let's get going… 
-Yuna: So, who were those vampires? I'm actually surprised that magic creatures exist…
-Lloyd: We live between shadows… Some others act as humans. However, although we try our best to fit in this society, there's still some people following us. 
-Yuna: "Us"? Who are you? Aren't you human? 
-Lloyd: (sighs) What do you think? One day you'll find out everything… For the moment, you just need to know that you are in danger and that you can't trust anyone, okay? 
-Yuna: Who's attempting to attack us? 
-Lloyd: The church… 
-Yuna: Ahh… It makes sense that they are the ones following you. They are against every magic creature. 
-Lloyd: Exactly. But it's okay, this time before leaving, I'll give you another gift (smiles) 
-Yuna: Really?! (excited) 
-Lloyd: It'll take some time, for the moment, please stay here and take a rest at the hotel. And of course, don't tell anyone about what happened today. Just come up with any excuse, okay? (smiles) 
-Yuna: (nods) Don't worry, it'll be a secret. Thanks for saving me, Lloyd. You are like a knight (chuckles) 
-Lloyd: (smiles) See you soon, Yuna (disappears) 

After the last attack, I'll need to have a meeting with Clive. We must think thoroughly about our next movement. We need a plan. 

On the other hand, Yuna is even more in danger than before because the church knows her. The only way to protect her while I'm now around is with one of my invocations. 

However, I can't be too showy because humans could panic and we would have problems. It must be something like a pet, maybe something which looks like a dog or a cat? 

The only one I can invocate with those characteristics is Cerberus. I don't have too much time until they leave Daegu, I need to be fast and give him to her as soon as possible. 

-Time skip until you are done with the invocation-

Cool, now I just need to sneak into their hotel and give him to her. I grab the Cerberus, now turned into a puppy, and then I climb until their window. 

-Lloyd: (knocks at the window) Yuna…
-Yuna: (opens the window) We have the air freshener on, that's why we have the window opened… (smiles) 
-Lloyd: Here (hands her Cerberus) He's my last gift to you for the moment (smiles) . His name is Cerberus and he'll protect you while I'm not around. This way I won't need to worry about you. 
-Yuna: Oh my god! (excited) He's really cute! Who's a good boy? You are a good boy~ (giggles) Can I call him Cerby instead? It is much cuter… 
-Lloyd: (chuckles) Call him however you want, now he belongs to you. 
-Yuna: Where are you going? 
-Lloyd: I… I need to reunite with someone. The last attack was something serious and we need to plan our next move (look down) Yuna, I don't know when I will see you again, so please, stay healthy and safe until we meet again, okay? 
-Yuna: Do you seriously need to leave? (pouts) 
-Ryujin: Yuna-ya, who are you talking to? Close the window, we have the air refresher on… 
-Lloyd: I better get going (smiles) Keep the chess piece and Cerberus near, okay? (starts climbing down)
-Yuna: Lloyd! 
-Lloyd: (looks up to her) 
-Yuna: Please, take care (worried) 
-Lloyd: Don't worry for me… I can't die. 

Once I'm down to the floor, I start walking away from the hotel. I really don't know what's going to happen now. All I know is that the church is getting stronger every time and that we'll need to act fast. Fast but cautious. 

-Time skip to the next day-

-Clive: How was it? (smiles) Is she okay? 
-Lloyd: Yeah, nothing happened to her… But…
-Clive: "But"? 
-Lloyd: We need to talk about something serious… (sighs) Close the door so no one interrupts us, please. 
-Clive: (closes the door) Lloyd, you are scaring me. What's going on? 
-Lloyd: I'm sorry… (starts tearing) I killed Blair. I'm really sorry (hits the table) She had a curse made by the Church… I don't know when this happened but she was not herself anymore, she was about to kill Yuna. She was working with Kandall… (sighs) I'm really sorry. 
-Clive: W-What are you saying Lloyd?! You can't be serious… This is a bad joke, you know?
-Lloyd: (avoids his gaze) I'm sorry… I had to kill her to free her from that curse, we both know that the real her wouldn't like to live that way… She was so nice and kind with everyone…. Everyone loved her so much...
-Clive: It can't be… (falls into his knees) 

I sigh and dare to look at Clive, he looks devastated. I can imagine the pain he's going through right now, losing someone is seriously painful. 

It is much painful if that someone is really close like Blair was. Actually, death is also part of my curse. I had to watch the girl I love die over and over again. 

-Lloyd: She was not herself, we lost the real Blair some time ago… I only noticed the curse when I was fighting against her… I'm sorry that I didn't notice it sooner...
-Clive: (mad) Fuck! (destroys the room) I'm fucking gonna end with those bastards! 
-Lloyd: Clive, Clive… Please, chill. We need to be back to our senses in order to plan our next movement.