Chapter 18

LLOYD'S POV

Apparently, despite the fact that Baron had a busy schedule for the whole morning, he decided to clear it in order to focus on me. Right now we are currently in the inner garden, which is known around Alfheim as Magnolia. 

-Baron: Lloyd, you haven't changed… Not even a bit, are you sure that you are not a vampire? (jokes) 
-Lloyd: (chuckles) Maybe my appearance looks young, but I promise you that I am not how I used to be.
-Baron: Oh… What do you mean? 
-Lloyd: I don't have patience, and now I'm kinda egoistic… I'm not ashamed of it, anyway. 
-Baron: Hmm… You look tired my friend, is something wrong? 
-Lloyd: Baron, you know what's wrong (sighs) 
-Baron: Church. Your world really likes to fight, it's something that I don't understand. But, you have the solution right in front of you, you can live in another world (chuckles) You know that there's not a single human able to come here. 
-Lloyd: Not for the moment… (sighs) Baron, I'm not here for a friendly visit. 
-Baron: Ugh, I imagined it… Why are you here then? What do you want from us? 
-Lloyd: I came here to ask you to join me and more creatures, to fight for our rights. We deserve to live peacefully. 
-Baron: You want peace through a war? Isn't that contradictory? (raises an eyebrow) 
-Lloyd: But-
-Camellia: Daddy! Daddy! Have you seen the flute that Lloyd made for me? (smiles widely while hiding it to him) 
-Baron: (checking out the flute) You… Do you still remember it? (smiles) 
-Lloyd: It was a very special gift for me… Of course I do (smiles) 
-Camellia: He created it out of nowhere… I was really impressed! (smiles) Can you create more stuff? 
-Baron: Camellia, don't bother our guest with your-
-Lloyd: No, no, it's okay (smiles) She's still a kid, it's quite normal that she's curious. 
-Camellia: I'm not a kid! I'm already ten (giggles) Plus, I'm learning a lot at school… 
-Lloyd: That's amazing (pats her head) 
-Camellia: So Lloyd, what else can you create? 
-Lloyd: I can create whatever you want (smiles)
-Camellia: Really?! (excited) 
-Lloyd: (nods and crafts a rose for her) This is for you… This kind of flower can't be seen here because it belongs to my world (smiles) However, I think that pretty flowers should be able to meet each other, that's why I'm giving it to you. 
-Camellia: (amazed) Woah… Thank you so much! It's so beautiful! I'll really take good care of it… 
-Baron: (smiles) Do you like Lloyd, Camellia? 
-Camellia: (nods) Lloyd is really talented and nice… I just met him, but I can already say that he's a nice boy (smiles) 
-Baron: (closes his eyes) Lloyd… 
-Lloyd: Yes? 
-Baron: I have one condition… 
-Lloyd: What is it? 
-Baron: After fighting against the church and freeing everyone, would you accept moving to Alfheim and getting married with my daughter? 
-Lloyd: W-What?! 
-Baron: I want Camellia to be happy, and from what I have seen, you could be a potential suitor… Of course, marrying her means becoming the throne's heir. What do you say? 
-Lloyd: Baron, Camellia is too young-
-Baron: She'll grow up, and you won't die anyway… There'll be a time where she'll be old enough for you (smiles and opens his eyes again) . I would love having you as a member of my family. 
-Lloyd: I really appreciate the intention, but that won't be possible. I don't think it's fair for Camellia. Not to mention that my heart still belongs to the same woman. 
-Baron: What do you see on that simple human? What makes her so special? 
-Lloyd: It's just her. I love her. I can't really put into words why it must be her… (smiles) 
-Baron: (sighs and checks his watch) Lloyd, I don't have more time to talk with you, I have some important meetings to attend. I'll order someone to bring you to your room (smiles) I'll see you later (gets up and leaves) 

Aww… This is not how I planned it. I can't accomplish his condition. I would never leave Yuna to be with another woman. Not because that would be lying to myself. 

-Camellia: (pulls your sleeve) Do you want to play with me? (smiles) 
-Lloyd: Ahh… Yeah, why not? (smiles) What do you want to play? 
-Camellia: Hmm… Hide and seek? Around the city? 
-Lloyd: (chuckles) Okay, that'll be nice since I'll get to remember the places that I visited when I was your age. 
-Camellia: You came here before? 
-Lloyd: Yeah, along with my mother (smiles). I used to play with your dad in the forest, it was really fun… 
-Camellia: Is there something interesting or funny about that time?
-Lloyd: Yeah, there's that time when… (starts explaining Camellia) 

I spent the rest of the day with Camellia. She's the sweetest girl after Yuna that I have ever known. She's cheerful and nice to be with, I'm sure that she'll be an awesome queen in the future. 

-Camellia: Can I ask you something else? 
-Lloyd: Of course, what is it about? 
-Camellia: Your world is as beautiful as Alfheim? (smiles) 
-Lloyd: Hmmm… That's probably one of the hardest questions that anyone has ever asked me (chuckles). I think that they have two different kinds of beauty. Alfheim looks idyllic, when you visit this place, you feel like you are having the best dream of your life. 
-Camellia: It's a funny way to describe it! (giggles) 
-Lloyd: On the other hand, although my world doesn't have that pretty scenery… It has little details that make it beautiful in its own way (smiles) Yeah, that's how it is. 
-Camellia: Lloyd… (yawns) I want to visit your world… 
-Lloyd: Maybe in a future, once you grow up, you can come to visit me, okay? (smiles) 
-Camellia: It's a promise, I'll visit you (smiles) Well, now I have to go to sleep. Thanks for playing with me today, I really had fun! 
-Lloyd: I really had fun too (smiles) Good night, have sweet dreams. 
-Camellia: Good night, Lloyd (smiles and enters her room) 

It's sad. If she ever comes to my world, there won't be a way to visit me since I won't exist anymore. Camellia has a bright future. 

-Baron: Has she bothered you too much? 
-Lloyd: Oh, Baron (smiles) No, no, we had fun all day long… Your daughter is really bright. I'm sure that she'll become an awesome queen once she grows up. 
-Baron: If you can see that, why don't you accept my offer? 
-Lloyd: I already told you, I can't betray my heart (smiles) 
-Baron: Okay, okay… I've been thinking and I have a nice idea. 
-Lloyd: What is it about? 
-Baron: Why don't you stay some days with us? During the time you stay, we can try to convince each other. 
-Lloyd: Convince each other? 
-Baron: Yeah, I'll try to convince you to marry my daughter, and you'll try to convince me to join you and your war. What do you say? (extends his hand) 
-Lloyd: I think it's quite fair, okay! (shakes his hand)