Chapter 36

LLOYD'S POV

Now that we are ready to start, I hold Yuna's hand and start with the ritual. I don't know how this will turn out, but I hope it works. 

-Yuna: What do we need to do? 
-Lloyd: We just need to be honest with ourselves, and… And talk about our love for each other (chuckles) 
-Yuna: What?! (blushes) That's too embarrassing, plus everyone is looking at us. 
-Lloyd: It's okay, they already know how I feel about you already… (smiles)
-Yuna: And I also know… (smiles) We have something really special. You are my first love after all. 

Suddenly the magic circle starts lighting up little by little. It is really working out, what a relief. We need to continue. 

-Lloyd: It is working out (chuckles) 
-Yuna: So, let me continue. I'm really glad that we met, you know? At first I thought that you were someone really weird, but you taught me that we shouldn't judge anyone by his appearance. 
-Geovnorf: Everyone has thought in some moment, that Lloyd is very weird (jokes) 
-Luna: Shut it! Don't ruin their moment! (pissed) 
-Geovnorf: Yeah, yeah… 
-Lloyd: (clears his throat) I'm glad that you stayed with me despite my appearance and everything that followed after. I know that it hasn't been easy, I couldn't give you the typical love story, and I'm really sorry for that. 
-Yuna: (denies with her head) Don't apologise, you are the first person to make my heart beat in that way (smiles) It might have been quite unusual, but I was really happy to know that you cared for me that much. Lloyd, if we ever had to repeat everything again, I would still do it. I would repeat all and each of the moments that you gave me, Lloyd. 
-Lloyd: Yuna… (caress her cheek) I don't really know what to say now (chuckles) My love for you stayed strong literally for ages… I swear that nothing will change that once I'm gone, you are the only one for me (smiles) However, I hope and pray for someone new who will make you happier in the future. When that happens, come back to Transylvania and tell him about real love, tell him about a strong love which lasts for ages, tell him about soul mate's fate. Yuna, tell him about me, tell him about you, tell him about us. Then, make him promise that his love will be the same or even better, cause if it's not like that, then he doesn't deserve you, understood? 
-Yuna: (hugs you) No one will ever be as good as you are for me, Lloyd (rests her chin on his shoulder) 

With that, the magic circle completely lights up, it's actually something scary but beautiful at the same time. Everyone is looking expectantly at me, the time to say goodbye has arrived.

-Lloyd: Everyone, as you can already imagine, the time to say goodbye has arrived (smiles) I'll try to go fast cause I don't want tears, okay? (takes a deep breath) Geovnorf. 
-Geovnorf: Yes?! (gets up) 
-Lloyd: I haven't had the pleasure to know you for too much time, but for the time that we've spent together, I can say that you, along with the dark elves, are really precious. I'm really thankful to you all, really. I can't even put it into words. Please, don't let anyone mistreat you, show them who you are and how good you are. Will you? (smiles) 
-Geovnorf: Don't doubt it, Lloyd (shakes his hand) You are the first non dark elf creature I have ever met, I'm really glad that it happened. You've made us better. Thank you (smiles) 
-Lloyd: (nods) Luna… (sighs) What can I say to you? (smiles) You are one of my best friends too, we've been together through a lot. And your help along with the other werewolves can't be described with words, thank you for everything (hugs her). I hope you continue on being the strong clan you are, and also that you keep contact with the vampires. After all, this war has also solved something else apart of the magic creatures chasing (smiles) 
-Luna: So you know… (blushes) Don't worry Lloyd, you can rest peacefully knowing that we'll keep on good terms with vampires (starts tearing) We'll never forget you.
-Lloyd: Please, don't cry… I said that I didn't want any tears (hug her again) And last but not least, my dear friend… No, my brother. Clive-
-Clive: No, no, I don't want this kind of farewell. I don't want to get emotional, first of all because we will see each other again. This is not a "goodbye", this is more like "see you later". You may be leaving before me, but I promise that we'll meet again, Lloyd. We will. I'm convinced of it (chuckles) So please, leave peacefully and be proud of everything that you have achieved here. You've turned this place into a better one, this world is finally what it should have been from the beginning. So all I'm going to say is, "good job, and see you soon, brother" (hugs Lloyd) 
-Lloyd: You didn't want anything emotional, but that was actually really touching, you know? (chuckles) Or course we will see again, I'll be waiting for you, along with Elizabeth, Moony, and Blair. We will finally be together again, okay? (turns to the rest of the vampires) Of course, I want to thank all and each of the Scarlet Night members. You guys are not only my friends who always fought and defended me, you always accepted me as another one. That made me feel always welcomed, so I personally don't consider you all as friends, but my second family. Thank you, really (smiles) 
-Mike: (sighs) In the other life, you will continue as our brother too (smiles) 

I nod and take one last look at all of them, some are crying and some are holding it inside. These people, I really only wish the best for them. 

I then turn my head to Yuna who's in front of me, and slowly I start slowly in. Once we seal our lips together, the ritual will be completed. 

I feel her breathing hitting my face, and also her characteristic fragrance surrounding me. Then when we are just inches apart, she surrounds me and pulls me even closer until we touch lips. 

Then, once we separate, I look at myself as slowly I'm transforming? My body feels different, and my clothes look from ages ago. What's going on? 

-Yuna: Lloyd?
-Lloyd: Yes? 
-Yuna: I just discovered your real appearance (cries while smiling) 
-Lloyd: This is the real me. Thank you for loving me, Yuna. 
-Yuna: Thanks for loving me too, Lloyd (waves at you)

(NOTE: Small reminder, the appearance you had so far was the one of Vernon from Seventeen. But at that moment, Yuna saw your real appearance. You can imagine as if she's finally seeing the real you with the appearance that you have in real life dear readers^^)

(NOTE 2: Let me explain the appearance thing a bit more. Because of the curse, you couldn't show the real you during most of your life but you were able to create different appearances for yourself. That way you were able to live through the centuries without making it weird in the eyes of others that you were not getting older or that you looked exactly like someone that was alive a long time ago. That way you could also escape from the church in a easier way. They had to get the information about your new appearance from someone or they could track you to find your new one with the map that was passed on to the different generations of Oracle)

YUNA'S POV

And like that, Lloyd disappeared in front of us. My head was telling me to let him go, but my heart was begging for him to stay. Suddenly, I find myself immersed in a sea of tears. 

I fall to the ground, and suddenly something bumps against my shoe. I try to take a look at it despite my puffy eyes. It's something white. I pick it, and then notice that it is a chess piece. 

It's at this moment that I realise he just left, but I'm already missing him. But this is what he's been waiting for, so I need to accept it. All it rests to do is saying "goodbye my love".