Chapter 16

CLIVE'S POV

He's currently chasing me around while I use my powers to run faster every time. However, I don't think that running away is the best option, they could misunderstand it as if vampires were cowards. 

-Leader: Keep on running snowhite, you won't make it! 
-Clive: Snowhite? (smirks and jumps above a streetlight) 
-Leader: You! Get your ass down here! (starts shaking the streetlight) 
-Clive: You are the father of Luna, and you're also a leader. Are you sure that you want to do this? Don't you prefer sitting and having a talk like adults? 
-Leader: Are you kidding me?! If you don't get down, I'll go for you and you'll regret it! 
-Clive: (sighs) I didn't want to do it, but… (closes his eyes) 
-Leader: It's not time for a nap yet! I'll be the one who makes you sleep eternally! (groans in annoyance) 

I didn't want to use my powers at all, he's Luna's father after all. If I wanted, I could kill him right now. That's what makes this fight harder, I need to keep under control. 

-Clive: Agh! (opens his eyes revealing a shining scarlet color) You wanted this way! (jumps down the streetlight) 
-Leader: Finally! (smirks) 
-Clive: (glares at him and runs towards him while his nails grow sharply) 

I bump against him and scratch his arm where I'm holding him firmly. It's almost impossible to get rid of a vampire grip, it's what we use to pin down our prey. 

-Clive: (lifting him in the air) What happens?! You look like a puppy right now! (laughs out of control) This is how a real vampire is! You can't face me! (throws him against a wall) 
-Leader: You are a cocksucker… (chuckles) 
-Clive: Rrghhh! Enough! (runs towards him and chokes him) I had enough of this mistreatment! 
-Leader: (not being able to move an inch) Go… Ahead… (struggling to breath) Kill me… Just like… You did with… My daughter. 
-Clive: I DIDN'T KILL HER! (pissed) You know what?! I could actually suck every blood drop out of your body right now! But I'm not gonna do it, you know why?! We are much more than bloodsuckers! Vampires don't attack unless there's a reason! (starts tearing) And Moony was my best friend! I didn't kill her! (removes his grip on the leader) 
-Leader: You'll regret not taking advantage of your situation-
-???: Enough! 

Suddenly all the eyes land on an old man walking slowly towards us. Who is he? He looks familiar, but I'm not able to tell who he is… 

-???: (pats Clive's head) You've done enough, kid… 
-Leader: How ?! I thought you were traumatized because of Moonlight's death and couldn't speak anymore ! And what are you doing exactly right now?! I haven't finished with-
-???: (hits him with a cane) He came here to talk, you should let him do it. 
-Leader: Why would I?! 
-???: Shean, this boy is a leader, and he didn't want to fight. He has something to say. Plus, I think that you owe him an apology. 
-Leader: I won't apologise to my daughter's killer. Never. It's something that I can't forgive. 
-???: He's not a killer! 
-Clive: (raises his head and gasps) 
-Leader: What are you saying?! 
-???: I didn't want to speak up about this, never again. Shean, this boy didn't do anything. I was there when everything happened… (looks down) 
-Leader: W-What do you mean?! 
-???: Moonlight died because she fell from a cliff. She gave Clive's his blood to make him stronger and save themselves. However that was not enough (sighs) 
-Leader: Why the hell are you telling me now?! Why didn't you speak up when you had to?! Fred, you were the last alpha, how could you do something like that? 
-Fred: I was… You know that I don't really support the relationship between vampires and werewolves. That was my best chance to create a wedge between the two clans (sighs) But now that I've seen this leader fighting with that much determination and being so honest while protecting his innocence. I couldn't keep on going. It's time for everyone to know the truth. Get up, Clive. 
-Clive: (gets up) Thank you… Thanks for thinking so about me. I really appreciate the fact that now everyone knows the truth… (looks down) I would never touch my friend. Moony was really important for me… (sighs in relief) I feel like I can finally say goodbye to her… (smiles while letting a tear fall) 
-Luna: Clive… 
-Leader: Damn… (groans) 
-Luna: Dad, I think that you own Clive an apology… 
-Leader: (glares at you) You-
-Luna: Do it properly! (pissed) 
-Leader: (extends his hand) I'm sorry, okay?! Not only for blaming you about my daughter's death, also for saying what I said about your clans (avoiding looking at Clive) 
-Clive: (shakes his hand) Thank you… (smiles) Really, I feel much better now! 
-Leader: However, I'm really disappointed with you, Fred! You have hidden the truth all this time, just for your own benefit! How egoistic can you be?! Huh?! (really pissed) You don't deserve to stay here with us. 
-Fred: Quite fair (sighs)
-Clive: Wait! (steps in front of him) I don't want you to kick him out of the clan… 
-Leader: He's the responsible of our war-
-Clive: I know! However, he said that it was a mistake. He regrets it now, so it's just part of the past (smiles) In exchange, I want the werewolves to join my friend Lloyd and the rest of the vampires on a fight for our freedom. 
-Leader: What do you mean? 
-Clive: The final battle against the church. Aren't you tired of being chased just by the fact that you are not human? 
-Luna: Dad, we owe it to him… Plus, they are right. The church keeps on chasing us with those stupid Soldiers of Light. If we become allies, we could fight for a future, a nice one where magic creatures live without fearing anything. 
-Leader: That's impossible, the church will always exist. 
-Clive: It is not, Lloyd will find a way to finally defeat them (smirks) He has to do it. It's our last chance! Please, consider joining us! (bows) 
-Leader: (places a hand on his shoulder) Okay, you have convinced me. We'll fight side by side with you (smiles) 
-Clive: (smiles) Thanks, really! 
-Luna: Clive, you made it! (hugs him)