Chapter 29

CLIVE'S POV 

-Time skip two days later-

We are currently training the group formations, but for any reason, someone seems to not really be into it. I wonder why she is failing to coordinate that much lately. 

-Clive: It's the third time today that you hit me instead of our rivals (serious) 
-Luna: I'm sorry, maybe it's also your fault because you don't notice me. 
-Clive: What? Each of us has a position, you are the one who can't stop coming closer to me. 
-Luna: I was still in my position! 
-Clive: Whatever, the thing is that this is not working out as it should. The other groups are already well coordinated. I've been checking them and they are doing awesome. 
-Geovnorf: And then there's our group which can't attack the other before attacking ourselves (chuckles) It's kinda funny the fact that we are the leader and we can't coordinate. 
-Clive: Yeah… I've been thinking, maybe we should change our group. It's possible for us to lack chemistry. Maybe we are not made to be a group-
-Luna: It's way too late to change, the others have gotten used to their respectives groups already. 
-Geovnorf: She has a point there, we can't change now. 
-Clive: Ugh, we must do something about this… (sighs) Once Lloyd returns, we need to be ready. We should already be a strong group, I don't know what's wrong. 
-Geovnorf: Maybe you don't really trust each other, I've been observing both of you, and you two are the problem. When the attack is combined with me, there's no problem. The problem comes when it's the both of you trying to work together. 
-Luna: Of course there's trust issues, there's no way to make Clive open up. 
-Clive: Really? Maybe it's you the one with the trust issues, are you still suspicious of me because of what happened with Moony? 
-Luna: What are you talking about now?! (pissed) I thought that issue was already solved? 
-Clive: I thought so too, but here we are! (pissed too) 
-Geovnorf: You two! Stop already, and listen to me carefully… We are in a really stressful situation where we don't have time to breathe. Is it possible that there's something inside you which you haven't solved yet? Maybe you need to talk about it… What are you concerned about? How much has it been since you last had a talk? Huh? 
-Clive:... 
-Luna: We really didn't have a talk after the labyrinth… (looks down) 
-Geovnorf: Then, leave you two. Have a talk while I stay here in charge of the training (smiles) Come back once you solve your issues. 
-Clive: This might be a waste of time considering that-
-Geovnorf: Leave I said! 
-Clive: (sighs) Okay, okay… 

We start leaving Hellmond without letting slip a single word. Why is it so awkward? I can't relax when I'm near her… I don't think it's because of trust issues, it's just that I feel uncomfortable. When I notice her next to me, I can't help but tense up. 

-Luna: You never talk to me unless it's necessary… Do you hate me? 
-Clive: How would I hate you, idiot? (looks down)
-Luna: I really don't understand what happens with us… It's so awkward. 
-Clive: Yeah… (sighs) Maybe it's what Geovnorf said, we are probably too stressed. That's it! All we need is to have a rest, so we can return and skip this-
-Luna: You always run away from me, but I won't allow you to this time. 
-Clive: (looks at her) Fine. Let's keep on walking then… 
-Luna: Have you always been so popular? 
-Clive: Huh? 
-Luna: You are always surrounded by a lot of girls… The other day, I wanted to help you when you got injured. But I thought that I was not necessary at all. 
-Clive: (smiles) 
-Luna: Why are you suddenly smiling? I'm being serious! (pouts) 
-Clive: Ah, it's nothing… It's just that I didn't know you were worried about me. When you visited me at the infirmary you scolded me. 
-Luna: I'm bad at expressing myself sometimes, I'm sorry, okay? (embarrassed) 
-Clive: It's okay, there's no need to apologise (smiles) By the way, although I'm always surrounded by all those girls, it doesn't mean anything. 
-Luna: Eh? 
-Clive: They are just members of my clan, if you actually came, I would have gone with you instead… That sounds weird, but I would always choose you (looks down embarrassed) 
-Luna: (slightly blushed) You can also say that kind of stuff… I'm quite impressed, I don't usually get to hear that kind of words from you. 
-Clive: Well, that's because we never had the chance to talk like this. I'm always embarrassed when I'm alone with you, that's why I try to avoid you. 
-Luna: Why? 
-Clive: Because… Uhm, I used to have feelings for you, Luna. When we were kids, I was really into you. 
-Luna: W-What?! (surprised) I always thought that you liked my sister… 
-Clive: Moony was my best friend, she was like a sister to me! 
-Luna: I see… (embarrassed) And… Now? 
-Clive: What about it? 
-Luna: Do you still have those feelings for me? 
-Clive: Ah well… It doesn't really matter-
-Luna: It matters! (blushed) Everything depends on that right now, idiot! 
-Clive: Why are you suddenly so hyper? 
-Luna: Because I want to hear those words you have been retaining for that many time… (smiles) 
-Clive: I don't want to ruin our friendship now that we solved the Moony issue… (scratches his nape) 
-Luna: Clive, please! 
-Clive: Ugh, fine, fine! (avoid looking her in the eye) I like you.
-Luna: (hugs him while blushing) See? Nothing happened… 
-Clive: Exactly, nothing (sighs) 
-Luna: I like you too. 
-Clive: (chokes on air) What?! 
-Luna: What can I say? I think I developed this during this time, seeing you working so hard, and being so passionate about helping your best friend. I liked that. (smiles) However, I hated when those girls were with you. So now, you better keep them away (starts returning to Hellmond) 
-Clive: Wait, does that mean… Are we something? (confused) 
-Luna: Of course, idiot~ (chuckles)