Chapter 23

LLOYD'S POV 

I really didn't want to do this because it leaves me exhausted afterwards, but I can't keep on wasting time. If this is the only way to get them to join me, then I'll do it. 

-Soldier 1: S-Sir, he's really creating a magic circle of invocation… 
-Governor: But invoking Fenrir is something way too difficult… H-He's probably just trying to scare us… 
-Soldier 2: If it's not for that much, w-why are we stuttering? 
-Soldier 1: I don't want to face Fenrir! (throws the sword to the ground and starts running away) 
-Governor: Where are you going, coward?! You can't run away! You must protect me! 
-Lloyd: (groans) 
-Soldier 2: It's really Fenrir… I can feel him already… (gulps and starts walking backwards) 
-Lloyd: I warned you… You didn't want to collaborate. I tried being nice, and you jailed me. This is the only option you left me, "governor". 

Suddenly, Fenrir appears behind me… It's been a while since I invoked a creature that big, actually he's really scary. Who wouldn't be scared of a huge wolf? However, I know that deep inside, he's a puppy, so it'll be easy to control him. 

-Soldier 3: Fenrir is here! (panics) Someone must alarm the citizens! Fenrir is here! 
-Fenrir: (howls) 
-Governor: T-This can't be happening… W-Who are you? 
-Lloyd: I already told you, my name is Lloyd Bishop, and I'm a wizard (smirks) And I guess that you already know about my little puppy, right? (pets him) 
-Governor: You are insane… 
-Lloyd: Hmmm… You should watch your mouth from now on, I mean, I wouldn't want to order Fenrir to attack you… (smirks) 
-Governor: I wouldn't want so either… 
-Lloyd: Nice, so now that we are in terms of talking, you'll answer my questions, okay? (smiles) 
-Governor: (nods) Ask whatever you want, but control that monster! 
-Lloyd: He's not a monster! (makes Fenrir lay down) Now the questions… What's your name? 
-Governor: I can't believe I'll tell my name to someone like you… (sighs) I'm Geovnorf, dark elves' governor… But barely anyone uses my name. 
-Lloyd: Well Geovnorf, can you guide me to that main room of before, or are we going to talk here? 
-Geovnorf: Are you bringing him along? 
-Lloyd: Of course, he'll help me to have a fair agreement with you (smiles) 
-Geovnorf: This will scare everyone… 
-Lloyd: It's okay, I want everyone to know how powerful I am, and what I could do to this place. 
-Geovnorf: As I said, you are insane. 

He then starts guiding me through the tunnels with Fenrir following us. All the people we bumped into, ran away the moment they spotted Fenrir. He really has an impact here. 

-Geovnorf: Here we are (sighs) 
-Lloyd: I'll leave Fenrir outside because he's too big for this place. But just so you know, if you try something against me, he won't hesitate to attack back. 
-Geovnorf: No, no, that won't be necessary, I would never dare to try to do anything to such a wizard like you-
-Lloyd: Stop with those false words, and let's start talking about the important issue. I don't have time to waste. 
-Geovnorf: (nods) 
-Lloyd: I come from the Earth, as you already know, there's the church. They are said to be the creators of a religion for humans. But they are actually an organisation that chases and eliminates any kind of magical creatures (serious) 
-Geovnorf: So? 
-Lloyd: Me and my friends are always chased by them, and we are a little bit too tired about fighting for later on hiding, we have our rights too. So, the thing is that we are planning a final fight against them… 
-Geovnorf: I see, you are planning to become the magical creatures' hero… Nice story, good luck. 
-Lloyd: I didn't finish. I want the dark elves to join me in that fight… 
-Geovnorf: You are really funny (laughs) We only fight for dark elves… We don't want to be related to anyone else. 
-Lloyd: Well, this will be an exception because if you refuse to do it, I won't have any other option but to end with this place. And you know, I won't hesitate (serious) 
-Geovnorf: Lloyd, Lloyd, there's no need to reach that point (gulps) killing a whole world is something serious… 
-Lloyd: I'm not afraid of doing it. 
-Geovnorf: Then, why us? Answer me. 
-Lloyd: The light elves are mosquitoes, they refused to help. 
-Geovnorf: You know that we can't be touched by the sun, right? 
-Lloyd: I know that too, but it won't be a problem (smiles) My allies are building an underworld city right now, in order to train and hide from the church. 
-Geovnorf: Ohh, they are smart… 
-Lloyd: The final battle would also be during night, so there wouldn't be any problem (smiles) Please, join me. I promise that after fighting, I'll make sure that dark elves will get the recognition they deserve, and that you won't need to worry about Fenrir anymore. 
-Geovnorf: That's actually tempting… I'll think about it and-
-Lloyd: There's no time to think, or you accept, or I kill you. Ten seconds from now… You decide whether to live or die. Crucial seconds, Geovnorf… Time flies. 
-Geovnorf: Okay! Okay! We'll join you, but we need some time to pack and so… 
-Lloyd: Fantastic, we'll leave in a week, I'll need to create a magic circle big enough to bring you all to Earth (smiles) It was a pleasure doing business with you, Geovnorf. I hope we get along. 
-Geovnorf: Yeah, it was nice (fake smiles) 

I then leave the main room, this plan has been really successful. Why the hell didn't I do something like this with the light elves? It would have helped me to earn a lot of money. 

CLIVE'S POV

It's been around a week already since Lloyd left, and we are finally arriving in Fukushima. The truth is that it's been a hard trip from the start, there are many of us so it's difficult to go in disguise between humans. 

-Luna: We are finally arriving, I'm dead tired… (sighs) 
-Clive: I am too, but we must do this. 
-Luna: Do you think that Lloyd made it this time? 
-Clive: I hope so… If not, we'll be in trouble. 
-Luna: And about the girl? It's been really long since someone checked on her. 
-Clive: I don't know, I hope she's okay with Cerberus, Lloyd's dog. We can't be with her as her sitter. 
-Luna: You are right, she should be able to take care of herself too. Let's focus on the city for the moment.