+8+

THIRD

The dance team walks out for the halftime performance and their coaches stand on the sidelines.

Malia notices that people seem to be a little confused at what they're looking at. It adds to her growing anxiety.

Usually, the basketball goes to the locker for pep talks, water, whatever they need. Not this time. They're standing, sitting or kneeling on the sidelines to watch their dancers.

The music starts and they dance their hearts out.

The crowd cheers for them and so do the boys and their coaches. Tyrell and Jay mimic the moves that they really like.

When the girls start bucking, Midas, Hakeem and Joon stand there equally in awe.

"Oh my god. Camryn so fucking fine!"

The guys laugh at Midas's outburst as they continue to watch the girl dance.

Namjoon is watching Malia as she moves. A ghost of a smile on his face as he watches her expressions.

So much attitude. She's doing a fantastic job, he doesn't understand what she was so nervous for. She's incredible.

She always has been.

As the girls finish, he cheers for them just as loud as everybody else. They walk back to the locker rooms and the guys follow them with 4 minutes left of their break.

"Now why y'all stood there knowing y'all was supposed to come back here?" Tajia asks out of breath.

"We can't watch y'all now?" Tyrell presses her and she screw faces him.

"I ain't say that. Y'all don't got TVs in there?"

"It looks better in person. I don't want to see y'all through a screen." Jay argues.

"We are fully invested at this point. We watched y'all practice before the season even started." Namjoon adds.

"I don't care what they're saying. I automatically deserve to see it in person. I made the mix. I don't care about nothing y'all saying right now. I got DJ privileges." Midas says as he walks by them to fill his water bottle.

The guys start smacking him with their towels and he laughs as they jostle him around.

Malia watches all of her new friends interact with one another with a small smile on her face. She still feels weird about all of this.

The guys go in their locker room and the girls fill their water bottles before sitting back on the bleachers. For the rest of the game, they watch the boys play.

Malia's eyes bounce to everybody on the court but going back to Namjoon. She doesn't like the hold he seems to have on her.

She hates him. She's said it countless times.

She needs to get over herself.

The buzzer to signal the end of the game sounds as Namjoon takes the shot.

Ending on a high note, Georgia Tech wins their first game of the season 64-62. The bleachers roar and the girls stand up to scream for them.

He made their winning shot.

They mix in with the crowd to hug them all. That's not really a scene that Malia is into. Coming out of her shell or not, she does not like being touched by strangers.

She stands back as the guys come out. Tyrell and Midas run toward her, smiling and sweaty. Before she has time to run, they engulf her in a hug.

"Ew. You guys stink! Get off me~." They laugh as they squeeze her.