+24+

THIRD

The car ride has been a quiet three hours. They're halfway there and, as she knew she would, Malia hasn't said much of anything. She's been listening to music and watching Hulu.

Namjoon pulls her airpod out and she screw faces him.

"What? Give it back."

"I asked if you wanted to stop and get anything. You're ignoring me."

"Okay."

"Okay, what? You want something out of here or no?" He asks as he pulls to a rest stop.

She unclicks her seat belt and gets out with him. He notices her attitude but doesn't say anything about it. He figures he'd be annoyed too if somebody snatched his headphone out.

They get inside and walk to the pizza place.

"What do you want?" Namjoon asks as they look at the menu.

"I got it." She replies.

He smacks his teeth at her response. Malia continues to read the menu as she thinks about it. Maybe she should let him pay with these prices.

When they get to the counter, Namjoon orders two slices of pepperoni pizza, one of them with mushrooms on it. He lets the woman know that he's paying for Malia's food too.

"You're gross." She says, in reference to his mushrooms, before she orders her two slices of pizza. They wait off to the side after he pays and he stares at her.

"Can you stop?"

"I can't look at you now." She rolls her eyes and he gently grabs her face to kiss her. "Stop playing with me." She gets butterflies and she hates it. It fuels her attitude.

She can't stop thinking about what Chloe said before she left. Yes, she knew that he'd been in her face previously. Yes, she knows that they've had less than innocent encounters.

But just to hear it being held over her head in such a way is... embarrassing. And though she knows she can't blame anybody else, it's still frustrating.

"I'm not."

He gets in her personal space and she can feel his body heat. "So what you mad at me for?"

"Nothing. Go get the food." She says as a male employee calls his name.

They leave to get in his car and eat eat as he drives. Namjoon takes a few sips of her drink.

"You always touching my stuff."

"This the first time I did it. Don't get me mixed up with somebody else." He says and she scrunches her face up.

"Who? Cause I don't be in anybody else's face. You be the one mixing bitches up." She says as she takes a bite of her pizza.

"Oh my God. Who am I mixing you up with? Please enlighten me." He says as he looks from the road to her and back again.

Malia wants to be petty but she doesn't. She just sits back and gets on Instagram. The school tagged her in a post the day before and she never looked at it.