+29+

THIRD

The first week of classes after break runs relatively smoothly. Malia ignores Namjoon's presence yet he finds ways to still be in her vicinity.

One of them being going back to her suite with a person that gets doesn't even like.

Malia isn't surprised in the slightest when she gets out of the shower to find Namjoon on the living room couch.

Nothing's changed. He's still going to be in some girl's face. She rolls her eyes at the thought.

Before the basketball game tonight, her dance coaches did what she'd been dreading. They introduced Raeya Tate as the intern coach for the season.

Apparently, everybody on the team already knows her. She was the captain of the team her sophomore through senior year. According to everybody, she was a great dancer.

But never good enough to get them through finals. Malia thinks as she walks into her room.

With her towel wrapped around her, she walks to her dresser to grab her deodorant. She uncaps and rubs it under her armpits three times before calling it again. Her 'down, up, down' method has yet to fail her. Anything more than that, and she feels like it's too much under there.

"Malia?"

Her heart jumps at the sound of Namjoon's voice, startling her out of her thoughts.

"Oh my God. What do you want?" She asks, hand on her beating heart and eyebrows furrowed.

"Can we talk for a minute?"

"No, thank you."

"Please, Malia?"

"Talk about fucking what, Namjoon?"

"I don't want to be with her."

"Congratulations, a shocking revelation." Malia says sarcastically as she opens her dresser, grabbing a pair of panties and big t shirt.

"I'm serious."

"I hear you. Close my door so I can put my clothes on."

Namjoon steps into her room, closing the door behind him. She rolls her eyes. Of course, he'd do that instead of leaving.

"Things don't feel right with her, Malia."

"Tell it to God next time you step foot in a church." She dries her body off.

"I'm not comfortable talking to her."

"Then you never should've opened your mouth to begin with." She dries between her legs tossing the towel into the hamper.

"I know that." Namjoon says, frustrated. "I know. And I'm sorry. I'm trying to just figure things out and all I know right now is that I don't want to be with her. I want you, Malia."

"Funny way of showing it." She grabs the bottle of lotion, pumping it into her hands before rubbing them together.

"Will you stop with the snarky comments and level with me for a minute?"

"Level with you?" Malia says, appalled as she looks back at him. "I walked home for 30 minutes by myself! I don't care that Taehyung was following me! He's a problem, too."

"I tried calling you and texting you almost all night and you didn't answer me a single time."

"Why the hell would I? So you could tell me all about the wonderful night that you spent with your ex girlfriend? Be fucking for real, Namjoon."

"No, so I could've came to get you so you could've spent the night with me like originally planned."

"You really think that would've went over well with me?"