+11+

THIRD

Namjoon doesn't process Malia's exact words until the day after she said them.

She couldn't have meant him but more so the situation that he put her in. That makes more sense to him.

He thinks to himself as his team warms up for their game tonight. It's in two hours so they're shooting around and checking each other up. They're also running through plays for the game.

Across the gymnasium, the dance team is practicing. Their choreography is clean, of course. The guys expect nothing less from them as hard as they see them work. Both in and out of practice.

Namjoon went to the gym the day before and Taija was there with Camryn trying to get down some of the moves. She ended up nailing it and is now doing it with no problem.

"Aye, Joon!"

He takes the shot he was about to make and turns around to see who called his name. His coach is waving him over with Ty. They're going over a play that Hakeem is having a problem with.

"I'll switch positions with him for that one. He would be better in my spot for it, anyway."

Hakeem thanks him. "See. This is why you're the Captain cause Tyrell would've made my ass stay over there."

Said man smacks his teeth and throws a fruit roll up at him.

"Shut the hell up. You still gotta run it during practice to get it down after tonight, punk."

Namjoon and Jay laugh as they start bickering.

The sound of the girls laughing and hollering hits them and they turn around to see them cracking up. Malia stands there trying to fight her smile and then puts her head in her hands.This causes the girls to laugh harder as Malia goes to sit in one of the chairs.

Even the coaches are smiling at her. "The hell they got going on over there?"

"How would I know and I'm standing over here with you?" Namjoon says as he looks at Jay. He starts laughing and Joon shakes his head.

He looks back over to the girls to see Malia looking at him. He waves to her and she looks away but waves back.

Progress.

He turns around with a smile on his face as he and the guys continue warm ups.

++++++

42-36

When it hits halftime, Georgia Tech is up.

The boys go to the locker rooms as the girls head out for the halftime show. They tell them to get out there and do their thing.

They watch from the TV in their locker room. There's a part where Taija has a bit of a solo as she's standing in the front and the other girls dance behind her. It's the part that she was having trouble with.

She kills it, jumps and all.

The guys clap for her and so do the people in the bleachers. When their performance is over, they walk off court and the guys stop paying attention.

Their coach gives them a talk about passing and being there for the other players as they move the ball. He's not seeing enough passing between them unless they're locked up.

The passing is to prevent that and keep the ball moving.

When they get back on the court, they keep their coach's words in mind. They pass more to get the ball down. They execute the play that Hakeem asked to switch positions for.