+57+

MALIA

After my conversation with Xavier, I feel like I should talk to Namjoon. There are so many different emotions running through my head that I can't pin them. There is one in particular that I know won't go away no matter how much pondering that I do.

It has to be said.

Xavier pulls into the suite lot and unlocks the door. He looks at me with his hands on the wheel. "Keep in mind what we talked about, yeah?"

"Yeah." I tell him as I open the door.

"I'll see you at the game tomorrow night, Lia."

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow." I close the door and start walking to the building. I take my time with each step, thinking of the right words to say.

By the time I reach my the door, my decision is wavering again. I get into my suite and take my coat off, hanging it on the back of my bedroom door. My body feels cold so I strip out of my clothes to take a shower for warmth.

When I get out, I put my lotion on and dress in warm pajamas. It's too cold to be in shorts and tank tops now. Maybe it always has been. I put my slippers on and text Namjoon to see where he is.

A few minutes go by and he doesn't respond.

I grab my keys and water bottle off the dresser and walk out of my room.

"I saw your boyfriend earlier."

Rolling my eyes, I fill the bottle up. "I bet you did."

I don't have time for her. Nor do I care for the conversation she's trying to invoke. It isn't worth my time. No words out of her mouth are worth my time.

"You must really have something on him for him to be so keen to appease you. What do you know?"

Her voice is obnoxious as all hell. How have I never noticed? It's kind of nasally now that I'm thinking about it. Her assumptions are also obnoxious. What does me knowing anything about that man have to do with him apologizing?

As if I'd blackmail him. I'll never be that low of a person. Nothing that I know about is anything for him to be ashamed of anyway. Life happens, shit happens. We live, we learn, we adapt.

It really is just that simple.

I ignore Chloe as I put the cap to my water bottle back on. It twist it to make sure that it's tight enough before sipping from the straw. As I walk to the door, she talks again and I roll my eyes.

"I have that video, you know? The one from that high school you and Namjoon went to. Where he left you at a diner." She laughs and I turn around to look at her.

"It's crazy how all it took was $1200 for him to extend a bet this long. And you basically handed it to him the way you gave it up. You didn't make him work for anything. You had sex with Sebastian and ran right to him after. The pining you're doing is pathetic considering all I had to do was sit on his lap one time."

My heart beats calmly in my chest as my mind wars with itself. I really want to put my hands on this bitch. Like I really want to drag her ass up and down the hallway.

But I can't... and I won't. I have a scholarship to maintain. I have a title and reputation to keep. I do not need any marks on my university record.

I can very calmly handle this situation.

"What are you telling me for? That bet? Namjoon didn't have sex with me for a bet, he didn't have sex with me because of some weird ass social obligation. And for the last time, Sebastian never touched me. He had sex with you. He took your virginity in a dorm after you lied to him and told him that you weren't a virgin and that you didn't have a boyfriend."