+9+

MALIA

I cried for a while after he left. So much that I exhausted myself and slept through my alarm.

Who is he? Who does he think he is to just waltz back in and bring up all the feelings I've spent all summer burying? They were gone. I know they were.

So again, I ask, who the hell does he think that he is?

I rush into class just as the bell sounds and Professor Lewis greets me with a smile. I return it forcefully and walk to my seat. Namjoon and Ty watch me as I sit down.

I look over to Ty and he mouths words to me, asking if I'm okay. I nod and turn my attention back to the front.

Halfway through my day, I buy myself a bottle of a cold coffee drink. It does absolutely nothing and tastes terrible. By the time that my final block rolls around, I feel like a zombie.

I trudge into the room, sit in the very back and fight to keep my eyes open. A can is placed on my desk and my eyes snap open. Namjoon walks away from my desk and over to his own, leaving the can of Red Bull in front of me.

I have the urge to throw it into the trash. I don't want to take anything from him. But I can't fall asleep in class and I have practice later.

Keeping my eyes trained on the front of the room, I push the can to the side.

I manage to make it through fifth period and get back to my suite with two hours to sleep until I have to get to practice. As soon as I hit the bed, my eyes fall closed.

++++++
FOUR HOURS LATER

"Lia, you alright?" Midas asks as we walk together to our suite building.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just feeling a little bit tired today."

"Did you not sleep well last night?"

"Mm." I shrug. "I slept alright, I guess."

I spent a good chunk of time crying but hey. Whatever.

Not like I had any confusing feelings that contradicted my thoughts or anything come up. No, nothing like that.

"You want to go out for some food?" He asks. "Have you eaten anything yet?"

Midas feels like she could use a pick me up. Maybe she doesn't want to speak on what's going on with her. Maybe she doesn't want to talk about it. But he knows something's bothering her.

"No, actually. I fell asleep earlier and then had to come straight to practice. I am hungry."

"Alright, great. We can go out and grab something to eat. Text me when you're ready and we can take my car."

I look over at him and he's smiling. It's contagious and I'm not gonna tell him no. I really am hungry and I'd rather avoid Namjoon. Crazy that I have to leave my own suite for me to do that.

"Okay." I nod. "After I shower though. I feel gross."

"Duh. I probably smell like sweat." Midas says. "Wanna check for me?" He raises his arm toward me.

"No!" I push it away and he laughs.

"I'm just messin with you." He sipes his keycard to get into the building and holds the door open for me.