+55+

NAMJOON

When our alarms go off in the morning, Malia very reluctantly removes herself from me. She sits up in bed and goes to shower before coming back in to get dressed. While she's in the bathroom, I put my clothes back on.

I look around her room to make sure that I have all of my things. I open her bedroom door and she follows me out. When we step into the hallway, she gives me an awkward somber look.

"I'll see you later."

She walks away with her head down before I can reply. I rub my face on my hands as I walk up the stairs. She's anxious, nervous. It's written all over her face.

I hate this shit.

++++++

MALIA

Avoiding side glances from people was not how I intended to spend my day. But that's what I'm doing.

To add to my annoyance, I have to make it to the library in this winter weather.

Why can't it be spring already?

I pull the doors to the library open and step inside. I think of what happened the night before with each footstep. My adrenaline was up the entire time. It happened and was over so quickly that it feels like I imagined it.

I sit at an empty table and pull out my textbooks and laptop.

"Can I sit with you?"

Namjoon's voice is sturdy apart from the bustle of people coming in and out of the building.

"Yeah."

He pulls the chair back and sits down. He takes out his books and laptop as well as his notebook. His hair is fluffy on his head today. He must have washed and blow dried it before coming to class.

The longer he sits across from me, the more I question myself. People look at us as they walk by. Namjoon pays them no mind, not registering their glances or blatant stares.

Less people are looking than I thought.

When the Twitter gossip page was updated about what happened that night, the replies and quote tweets went crazy. So much so that I had to take a break from reading them.

People were saying all kinds of things about him, about me. Many people were saying that I'd be stupid to be with him. They said that regardless of whether he changes or not, he isn't worth the drama... that he isn't worth anything he's offering me.

I don't think that's true.

He isn't the way that they're portraying him to be. He isn't the type of person they're assuming that he is. All of the posts were suggesting that he did everything simply because of his college status.

I don't believe that. Not entirely, anyway. Namjoon isn't mean and being an asshole isn't built into his personality. That isn't how he functions on a day to day basis.

The guy in front of me squinting at his textbook... that's Namjoon. He rubs his eyes and tries again to read . It doesn't help.

"Namjoon?"

"Hm?" He looks up at me.

"You should probably put your glasses on."