+27+

⚠️...y'all know I love y'all, right?

THIRD

On day five of the break, Janae steals Malia from home. They go to the mall, then out to eat. Malia tells Janae about how Hoseok apologized and she listens to her.

"You forgave him?"

"Kinda, yeah. It's in the past. I can't let it affect me today. I'm good."

Her best friend smiles at her. "I'm proud of you. I know I talk about fuck these niggas and blah blah blah and it's still fuck these niggas. I'm forever on that one. But I'm proud of you for getting through these hurdles and moving past them. At the end of the day, every decision is yours. I'm happy that you're learning to take advice and still make your own decisions, too. You growing up on me." Janae fake cries and wipes her eyes.

Malia pushes her and Janae starts laughing.

"Thank you, though. At least somebody's acknowledging that I'm grown." Malia rolls her eyes. I'm gonna get back to campus just for Ty and Midas to treat me like a baby again."

"That's cute, though. You're like a baby sister to them. They're always looking out for you. At least I know you good up there. Them other niggas be trippin."

"I'm always good. You can't play a pimp." Malia says something that her dad always says to her mom when she says she's going to see her side boo. They're always joking but it's still funny to her.

The way that they have total security to joke like that is good to Malia.

"Now what about your man?" Janae presses and Malia looks at her as she eats her salad. She has a smirk on her and she rolls her eyes.

"Girl, I don't have one. Don't do that."

"You know who I meant."

" good. He treated me like a toaster strudel two days ago. But other than, nothing crazy." She says it so nonchalantly that Janae has to process that it actually came out of her mouth. When she does, she chokes on her French fries.

"He did what?"

Malia smiles at her and her eyes widen. "You're so NASTY. Oh my god. I knew you had it in you. You gave him head?"

"No. He just.." she does the wanking gesture and Janae gasps and covers her mouth.

"Y'all so..." Janae makes a face and sticks her tongue.

"I know you not talking, you fucking Twinkie."

They laugh for their rest of their lunch date. Afterward, they go to a movie. Malia tells Janae that her and Joon are going out to dinner tomorrow. She doesn't know where because he won't tell her.

"Sounds like a date."

"No. It sounds like a set up." Malia says and Janae looks at her.

"You know how to read the signs for it. If you need me, call me. I'll come pick you up and beat his ass on the way out."

At the end of the day, Janae takes Malia home. Namjoon facetimes her at around 11 and while he's on the game. He's been wearing his glasses still and Malia hasn't pointed it out. He looks good with or without them if she's being honest.

"Ah, that was a foul."

Malia looks at him as he speaks in his native tongue. "What happened?"

"They fucking cheating." Namjoon says and Malia snickers.

"You always saying they cheating."

"Because they do, bro. This shit so annoying." He says as he turns the game off. He flops onto his bed and goes to Instagram.