+38+

+pov-Ariana Grande+

MALIA

Christmas morning starts at ten o'clock for my house. That seems late but me and Joon spent a lot of time out yesterday. We went to the mall and he helped me pick out scents for my dad at Bath and Body Works.

We went into Foot Locker and I got them sneakers. I got my dad some sweatsuits. He lives in them. That's where I get it from. But they're comfortable. Why wouldn't I wear them constantly? I bought my mother some acrylic paints and thick poster boards for her to use.

She really enjoys painting in her free time. It's her emotional outlet when she doesn't feel like talking or doing much else.

I shower and get dressed, in more pajamas because that's how we spend Christmas over here. My mom and I are in onesies and my father is in a two piece PJ set. He wanted a Rick and Morty one so bad so we got him one. He watched one episode with me and now he's an addict.

"Lia, come on down. The Kims are here."

My eyes widen as I brush my teeth. She didn't tell me they were coming. Neither did Namjoon. Maybe he didn't know. My mother is always doing some shit.

"I'll be down in a second." I say as I rinse my mouth out. He's going to see me in a onesie. I look like a kid. A big ass kid. I roll my eyes at myself in the mirror. "This is ridiculous."

I open the bathroom door and walk downstairs. I peek around the corner and he looks in my direction. His brows furrow in confusion as he cocks his head. He's not in Christmas pajamas. He's in what he usually wears to bed before he strips.

Sweatpants and a t shirt.

It's so simple but he's so damn cute in it.

His subtle action alerts my mother of my presence. She turns around and waves me on. "Come on so we can eat, girl. You're holding us up."

I put my head back and groan before stepping out. Namjoon bites his lip as he holds back his laugh.

"Merry Christmas, Malia." His mother speaks to me.

"Merry Christmas, Mrs. Kim."

I glare at Namjoon as he snickers and my dad starts laughing.

"Y'all get on my nerves."

"I'm sorry." Joon says as he holds his arms out.

I walk to hug him and he squeezes me. When I open my eyes, my mom is looking at us. My dad has a slight smile on his face before clapping.

"Alright. Let's get to eating so we can open the gifts. I'm hungry and I don't want the food to get cold." We sit at the table to eat and the doorbell rings. I hop up to open it.

"It's Janae. I wasn't sure what time she was coming." I open the door and she hugs me as soon as she's in the house. "I missed you, girl!"

"You just talked to me last night and we call each other twice a week."

"So? That's not the same thing as seeing you!" She flicks my neck and I rub it. "Your lil boyfriend here?" She whispers and my eyes widen.

"He is not my boyfriend. Shut up. Yes, he's here." I shush her as we walk to the table. I sit next to Joon. My dad sits at the head of the table next to me and Joon's mom across from him. My mom sits next to my dad across from me. Janae sits on the other side of Joon's mom.

They all say hi and Merry Christmas to her and she returns it.

Namjoon puts two waffles on my plate as my mom hands me the bacon. "Namu, can you pass me the syrup please?" He hands it to me and I thank him.