+19+

+Curiosity by Nao+

+THIRD+

Two hours in and Namjoon is acting as their tour guide giving information. Whenever they have questions or comments, they tell him.

Taija gets to see the Toco Toucan that she was excited about. She thinks that it's cute.

Malia ends up wandering off, lost in the beauty of everything that she's seeing. She reads the information plaques at each window as she passes.

She gets into the aquatic life part of the museum and smiles at the brightness of it. Namjoon realizes that she's gone first and walks off to find her.

He finds her standing by the glass with the stingrays behind it. She watches as they swim by and then bury themselves into the sand.

"Thought we lost you for a second."

She looks at him and then back to the water. "No. I just like aquariums." She tells him as they both look into the water.

"Can you take a picture of me here?" She hands him her phone and she poses in front of the exhibit. She does a few different ones and Namjoon snaps pictures of them all.

He hands her the phone back when she reaches for it. "Ouu I like these." She smiles at him. "Thank you, Joon." 

He freezes at her nickname. His breathing becomes shallow for a few breaths. Why did he like that so much?

"Come on. I guess we should get back before they think we're lost." She walks by him to go the way that he came and he follows behind.

They approach the group and they all collectively sigh.

"Now y'all know she safe with this big ass man. I don't know what y'all were worried about." Hakeem says and Taija smacks her teeth.

"Boy, be quiet. We're allowed to worry."

"Y'all act like I can't defend myself or something. I can fight." Malia says and they all look at her.

"Nobody was talking to you. Mind your business." Tyrell says and Namjoon snorts.

Malia turns to look at him. "That was funny?"

"Yeah. Lil bit. Can we go eat? I'm hungry." He quickly changes the subject as he feels his stomach twist up. The rest all grumble in agreement and head toward the exit.

"We just ate."

"It's been like three hours. I need to eat." He looks at Malia as she looks him up and down.

"All the weight go to your big ass head anyway." She says as she walks away.

Namjoon pokes his cheek with his tongue and decides not to make the comment that he was thinking about out loud.

He charges it to the game and follows her, grabbing her hand and swinging it to annoy her. She doesn't say anything about it. Only looks at him and then looks away immediately after he looks her in the eyes.

The group eats at a restaurant 10 minutes away from the museum and 15 minutes from campus. Malia picks fries off of Namjoon's plate and he playfully glares at her each time.

"How you gonna eat all your food and then come for mine? Move."

"I didn't get fries, I got rice. Joon, stop. Dang. Being mad selfish." She says as she takes another fry. He looks at her, mouth open and face full of amusement.

"Selfish? Not after I just sat here and let you eat nine of my fries."

Malia laughs at him as he stares her down.