+35+

⚠️Please keep in mind that they are 18,19 years old. They're still figuring out their emotions while learning who they are. This is not justifiable for toxicity, but it is a reality. Thank yeewww

+Keep On-Kehlani+

THIRD

The game ends in a tie and goes into overtime. Everyone is on edge as a player fouls Hakeem. They line up and wait for the foul shots, he gets two. This makes or breaks the game.

He takes a shot for the first one....

A miss.

"You got this, Keem!" Taija shouts for him to hear.

He looks in the girls' direction and they all smile at him, even Malia. His hands tremble as he's handed another ball. He bounces it twice as he breathes calmly.

He takes another shot....

Clean.

The team goes crazy as the dancers clap for them.

Malia still looks upset so the guys don't sweaty hug her. With the exception of Tyrell because he doesn't care what attitude she has. He wants his hug.

She doesn't put up a fight in giving it to him, or verbally complain about how gross he is. She just screws her face up as he hugs her. Malia sees Xavier and his friends walking over and waves to them.

They dap each other up and she hugs him. As the groups file out, Malia and Xavier walk and talk together. Namjoon watches as they pair together, getting instantly irritated by the sight.

He doesn't even look down when Chloe attaches herself to him. Raeya passes by and catches his eyes. She looks from him to Chloe then back again. She scoffs out a laugh as she crosses her arms and walks out of the gym.

"Y'all did great tonight. You look good in your little uniform." Xavier's fingers ruffle the fringe on her outfit and she smiles at him.

His compliments feel like a pick-me-up to the mood that she's in all night. She welcomes them with a smile, one she doesn't have to force.

They get to the campus intersection where they need to part ways and the two stop walking. The cold December wind nips at them and Malia shivers. Xavier wraps his arms around her in a hug, attempting to ebb her cold. It does very little and they both laugh about it.

"You're beautiful, Malia."

"Thank you." She says and he kisses her forehead.

It's a chaste kiss, one of friendly acknowledgement. He knows that what their friendship initially stemmed from seems wrong. He can only hope that she'll allow him time to right it. Seeing what she doesn't, he watches as the basketball team walks toward them. They're all talking amongst themselves, one is looking for Malia.

"It really is Namjoon, isn't it?"

"What do you mean?" She looks up at him.

"The reason that Chloe wants you distracted so bad."

"If she wants him to herself, she can have him. I'm not going back and forth with him about it anymore."