+59+

+Good Days-SZA+

THIRD

Explaining what's going on between he and Malia to his mother was harder than Namjoon thought it would be. Thinking about it in his head, he knows what's going on. He is aware of what's happening. Saying it out loud is like an entirely different task in itself.

"So.. she found out about the one girl messaging you and was upset..."

"Right but I told her about that already. She messaged me talking about coming to see her and I told her no. Chloe probably made it seem like it was recent. Destiny did it twice and both times I told her no."

"Mmmm." Mrs. Kim hums and nods as she sits on the couch. "And what about the Chloe thing? What happened with that? She had something and almost gave it to you?"

"She could have, yes. I got tested and got lucky. She was still doing things with people knowing she had the shit." His face drops. "I'm sorry for cursing. I'm very irritated."

"It's okay. I understand. So they argued at the hotel, Chloe told her about her friend messaging you and her needing to be tested because of you. But you didn't get it so you didn't tell her."

Namjoon shakes his head. "Well, yeah. Yes. But I also didn't know how to. That's embarrassing. I felt so dirty, Mom. I didn't want her to hate me."

He sits on the couch next to her. He is showered and fully dressed as they talk.

"I feel like this is a cornered topic. Because although you didn't get it and didn't give her anything, I still think that she should have known. The risk was still there for her, for both of you. As a woman, we don't ever want to have to be told things about our man. I'll tell you that now."

She says and Namjoon nods. He figured that out already. Camryn screaming at Midas gave that away.

"But we really don't like being told things about our man that we didn't know. Because why does this bimbo know things about you that I don't? And I'm supposed to be number one, you know? That feels embarrassing... undermining a little." Mrs. Kim explains with an icky expression on her face.

Namjoon thinks about everything that she's saying to him. He understands all of it. It makes sense. He can't expect Malia to fully move on from anything when he doesn't tell her the full extent of things. If everything isn't in the clear and open, how can she?

It may be old news to him but her finding out weeks later, it's fresh to her. It was very new.

He and his mother talk for a few minutes more before they leave the suite. They go downstairs to Malia's parents and are surprised to see her and Chloe's fathers talking about a sports teams.

Upon their arrival, the attention is shifted.

"There he is. Mr. National Champion." Mr. Ward says as he daps Namjoon up. He smiles through it hugging him at the end. Mrs. Ward hugs him again as well.

"I'm proud of you, honey. You did good." She tells him as they rock side to side. Malia raises an eyebrow.

"Okay. You can let him go now. Cause you don't even hug me like that."

"She has a favorite and it's not you." Namjoon says. He sticks his tongue out at her and she narrows her eyes as she smiles.

"You not even her child. Give me my momma back." She gently pulls her by her arm and the woman laughs.