+44+

THIRD

Georgia Tech wins their final home game by a landslide.

The announcers and the crowd goes crazy about it. Malia and the girls scream at the top of their lungs when the final shot is made. Camryn runs to Midas after he's done group hugging and dapping the boys up.

As tradition, Malia is smothered in sweaty men and their game stench. It doesn't make her gag anymore, she just stands there with her face screwed up.

"You coming to the party?"

The scowl on Malia's face gets worse when she sees Chloe walking over to Namjoon with a smile on her face. He hugs her with both arms while staring at Malia and she internally seethes.

"Yeah. I'll go." She answers Jay's questions and the guys all hoot and holler. As they leave the building, Tyrell does what he does best and yells.

"Party at the frat house!"

Everybody cheers and shouts. Malia rolls her eyes as she walks toward her suite. She hears jogging footsteps behind her and turns to see Xavier.

"You really zone out when you're angry, huh? I called your name twice."

"My bad. I just want to get away from the crowd. They're not really my thing."

"Yet you're about to attend a party at a fraternity with a bunch of basketball players and strangers. This wouldn't have anything to do with a six foot jock, would it?"

"Don't patronize me. This ain't about him."

"Sure~. Whatever you say. Just don't force yourself into it of your comfort zone because of him. It's not worth it, trust me."

"Is the lovesick puppy in an unrequited love situation giving me advice?" She says with a hand on her chest. Xavier smacks his teeth and laughs.

"You're an asshole but point taken, I guess. Do what you want."

"I will. And you're coming with me. We can drown our sorrows together."

"You're illegal as hell, Malia."

"It's college. Who cares?" She shrugs as they walk into her suite building.

"Whatever. Hurry up and get ready so we can get hammered."

++++++

The muffled noise of the music can be heard before they get inside the house. The pair stands in the walkway looking at the door.

"Do we really have to go?"

"Are you chickening out after you just convinced me to come? Yes, we're going. You're going to go in there and you're going to have fun. It's a party. Who doesn't like parties? Squares, that's who. Let's go. You look hot." He pulls her by her hand up the stairs.

When the door opens, Tyrell is standing on the other side of it. "Took you long enough. The hell you been doing. Let's go! Wassup, Xavier." His energy level drops when speaking to him but he ignores it completely.

"Hi, Ty." Malia hugs Tyrell as they walk into the house.

"Is that Lia? Girl, I didn't think you were gonna come." Taija says as the girls walk over. "You look good."

"Thank you." Malia says shyly. Xavier snorts and shakes his head.

"I'm going to be getting drunk by the beer pong table if you need me." He informs her before walking away. Everyone has questions on what's going on with her and Namjoon and their separate situationships but nobody is going to ask them. They're just watching it play out.