Heart's Desires

Foxete's POV:

I'm sitting on Illoha's bed playing music while we hang out and talk. Currently we're on the topic of childhoods, the good parts. I told her about my brothers. She told me that she had a massive crush on Beema even when she was little.
"You're not weirded out that my crush was a girl?" Illoha says dropping the pillow.
"No?" I roll my eyes, "I'm sorry but do you think someone who looks like this can be apart of the default setting?" I gesture to my outfit which was a tie-dyed Grateful Dead shirt half-tucked into navy ripped jeans with smiley faces on them and I had a red belt on. My shoes were grey converse of which had stars on them.
Illoha smiles and laughs, "Yeah I guess not."
"So if you had to choose, would you marry a man or would you rather stay single forever?" I asked her.
"Stay single!" She laughs, "I'm lesbian, Fox!"
"Ohhh-" I say as I laugh. I forgot about that. I can feel myself blushing.
"What about you?" She asks.
"Probably stay single." I smile, "I have my heart set on another person anyway."
"Oh? Who!" She says excitedly.

Illoha's POV:

My mind couldn't help but drift to Beema. I was in love with her. I never got to tell her...
Gods I miss her.
"Hello? Earth to Illoha?" Fox laughs.
"Oh-?" I respond snapping back to reality.
"I asked you if you were ok?" Fox asks me.
"Uh yeah, why?" I smile at her.
"You seem more distant? Did I say something?" Fox says looking concerned.
"What?" I poke her in the ribs, "I'm fine! You need to get your priorities straight! Starting with that hair!" I laugh.
She smiles and laughs again, "Never!!!"

(375 Words)