A Talk with my Best Friend

Foxete's POV:

    While the group goes to check on Toby I decide that they probably won't realize if I disappear for a bit. I slip away from the group and go downstairs to the teleporter's controls. I slump over the controls.
If I just leave for a bit, to straighten my mind, they won't notice, right?
"What do you think you're doing?" I hear a very familiar voice asks. It's Illoha. She must have followed me.
"Looking at the portal, Princess." I sigh. I turn to face her.
"Pressing buttons isn't looking." She states.
"Ok, so I was tinkering with the portal." I sigh, "Better?"
"Sure." She laughs, "Why are you down here and not up with the crew."
"No idea. Just wanted to." I lie. I really just wanted to leave the ship for a bit to visit Freddy, or Otso and Derpy, or that Hairspray man, Bryan was it?
"I can tell when your lying you know." She sighs.
"The telepathy thing. Yeah, I know." I sigh as I turn back to the portal.
"Then why don't you tell me the truth?" She crosses her arms.
"You are the most stubborn person I have ever met, Princess." I laugh.
"I know." She says proudly.
"If you must know, I'm visiting a friend." I sigh.
"Well that can wait." She says as she grabs my hand and pulls me away.
I sigh, but continue to let her take me away from the portal. I'll call Freddy later.
She walks upstairs, but doesn't go into the rec room, but instead the cockpit.
"Why are we in here?" I ask her.
"Only place where others aren't." She laughs, "Just wanted to talk to you."
"Oh." I state bluntly.
"You seem weird lately. You ok?" She asks.
I'm exhausted.
"Oh yeah, no I'm fine." I laugh nervously.
"You sure?" She asks suspicious.
Absolutely not.
"Always." I sigh, "Let's go to the others." I begin walking out of the room.
I'm stressed, we nearly died yesterday.
"Hey Fox?" Illoha asks.
"Yeah?" I turn around.
"We'll be ok, right?" She sighs.
"I think so." I sigh.
I hope so.

(360 Words)