Apologies

Foxete's POV:

Keeva and I are sitting in the rec room talking.
"I'm just saying maybe try to keep the peace on the ship for a little bit by apologizing?" I say to her.
    I am trying to get Keeva to apologize to Illoha due to the most recent fight they had. It ended with Keeva calling Illoha a spoilt brat who cared about nobody. I'm not saying that Illoha's reaction was right, which was telling her that she, Keeva, didn't mean crap to the governor, but overall Keeva had no reason to say those things to the princess.
"Why would I apologize?" She asks me.
"Mutual apologies?" I propose.
"Fine. She has to apologize as well." Keeva sighs.
I'm glad one of them is being the bigger person. Not really but still. Keeva goes downstairs and knocks on Illoha's door. I'm close at her heels.
"Illoha?" Keeva asks through the door, "Could we talk?"
A faint groan could be heard though the door.
She opens it, "What?" She says bluntly.
"I wanted to apologize for what I said earlier. I had no place to tell you that you were a brat or selfish." Keeva sighs and looks at me. I not so subtly cough.
"Thank you." Illoha sighs, "I'm sorry for saying you didn't mean anything to my father. I know he was fond of you."
I sigh with relief, "That went better than I thought it would." I laugh.
"What you thought it would go badly?" She says crossing her arms. She had just realized I was there.
"A bit yeah." I say shrugging, "I mean, you can blame me after earlier. It was literally a few hours ago."
Keeva laughs, "I don't hold grudges for that long."
"Oh, so it's not a Evon thing then?" I say, crossing my arms and looking at Illoha.
"No idea what your talking about." Illoha says looking back into her room.
"Well I'm tired and it's 11pm so, goodnight." Keeva laughs as she walks to her room.
"I'm going to bed as well." Illoha says, looking back at me, "Goodnight." She shuts the door.
"Night Princess." I sigh as I walk into the room next to hers.
I hear her mumble, "Not a Princess." Through the wall and I smirk.
I hadn't noticed but apparently someone put signs on our doors. Interesting. I stare at the ceiling for a bit. Why was everything going so smoothly? Why was my life so easy?

It shouldn't be this easy.

(420 Words)