Respect

Foxete's POV:

    I sit on the chair next to Dex. I offered to watch him while Illoha got rest. He's beaten up badly. Cuts and bruising on his arms and legs, he's been shot in the stomach and he has a black eye. Dex went though torture just to finish this mission, I've got to say, I respect it. They picked up a straggler, Malra. Apparently they forgot to let her out, so they took her with them. I talked to her earlier she seems fine, bit hungry, but overall fine. Time keeps coming in and out of the med-bay to check on Dex. It seems they've gotten quite close over the past few weeks. Tim walks in almost on que.
"How's he doing?" He asks.
"He's good. Healing well." I sigh.
"That's good." Tim sits on the chair next to me.
"You really care about him, don't you?" I ask.
"He's my friend, the only friend I've had in a long time." Tim frowns.
    I look at Dex. A man I hated so much had a best friend who seemed so genuine. I have to say, he earned my respect. He carried out the mission well and continued after getting beat to all hell.
"He's strong. I'll say that. I respect him." I sigh.
"You guys don't get along, that's what Dex said. He thinks you hate him. I think you guys are too much alike." Tim looks at me.
"Alike?" I scoff.
"Yeah, you are both stubborn, you would both do anything for your people, you are both good leaders." Tim lists.
"I guess we are a bit similar." I pull my knees to my chest and sigh, "I don't hate him, he's just... a bit obnoxious."
"Hm, people could say the same about you." Tim laughs.
Got me there.
"Not wrong." I smile, "Your not that bad Timothy."
"I remember you, from my planet." Tim sighs.
"Oh god, do you?" I tuck my head between my knees.
"Yeah, I gave you the 'Demonic Staff of Killing'." He sighs, "Where is that by the way?"
Oh shit.
"Oh, Foxy had it." I shake my head, "He broke it."
"He broke it?!" Tim gasps.
"Yeah?" I look back at Dex, "During a battle with Elite Soldiers."
"That staff could bring people back from the dead!" Tim groans.
We could have...
I sigh.
Acron. Would he even have wanted to come back?
It had to have some sort of cost. Soul for soul possibly.
"Damn it." I shake my head.
"You guys are idiots." He shakes his head.
"Not biggest in the galaxy though!" I smile, falsely.
"Still idiots." He grins.
"I mean, I'm not the genius who pulled Bonnie's regulator out." I cross my arms.
"I got curious!" He protests.
"I'm just joking Tim." I smirk.
"Foxete?" Keori comes into the room.
"Yeah, Keori?" I ask, standing up.
"I need your help with something. I don't know how to use this new chip scanner." Keori sighs, "I wanted to check Bonnie for a tracker."
"Ooh, good thinking." I sigh, "I'll talk to you later Tim. Could you watch Dex?"
"Of course!" Tim smiles.
We walk to the workshop.
Time to remove trackers.

(535 Words)