Time To Rush

Keori's POV:

I'm starting to think that this "Birthday Party" in a few hours isn't actually a birthday party. I'm working on this welding job to the best of my abilities, but I'm not very fast. I've been working on it for two hours now and I'm not finished!
"Hey Ke, you ok?" Foxete asks, coming into the room.
"Nearly done!" I sigh.
"That's good!" She smiles, "You're doing great!"
I wish she smiled at us more. She's very pretty despite her messy hair. Her left eye is slightly lighter than the other and she has a small spray of freckles across her cheeks. She has a side part that swoops left and her hair is a medium reddish-brown color. You wouldn't expect such a sarcastic voice from her. She looks way different than she sounds. She treats me like I'm her younger sister and it's really nice. I've never really had anyone taking care of me, so it's nice to have her looking out for me.
"Thank you!" I respond smiling.
"How long do you think it'll take you?" She asks, "No rush of course."
"Maybe another hour?" I respond, "Is that good?"
"Yes, yes it's alright." She smiles. Somethings wrong.
What are they hiding?

Foxete's POV:

The ships are faster than we thought. We've lost track of them and we don't know how long we have. I don't know if we can spare an hour.
"If you need us, just call!" I say with false enthusiasm.
She can't know how screwed over we are.
I knock before entering the med-bay. There's no response.
"Illoha?" I ask.
I open the door and she isn't inside. Strange she's normally in there. I instead knock on her bedroom door.
She opens it, "Yes?" She asks yawning.
"I-uh. Wanted to talk, uh, but if you're tired I can leave!" I stutter. She's wearing pajamas, so I assume she was either sleeping or about to sleep.
"I was sleeping, but we can talk." She yawns.
I was about to say something when a very annoying robot walks down the stairs. He pauses outside Illoha's door. Acron I walks down the stairs a few seconds behind him, but stops halfway down to see what's going on.
"For gods sake, just one of you kiss the other and stop your suffering." Arthur continues walking leaving us both flustered. It's dead silent other than Acron's laughter trying to be suppressed from the stairs.
"I think you should get some rest then Illoah." I cough trying to regain my dignity.
I turn to her and she laughs, "Yep! Sounds good."
"Goodnight." I sighs walking away.
"Night then!" She quickly closes the door.
I glare at Acron. He continues snickering and I go into my room.
I hate that stupid A.I. human or not.

(470 Words)