Chapter 3: The Red Vines.

Karl's POV~

I finally came to consciousness after I got out of The Other Side.
I got up and quickly dusted myself off before I went off to find the others.

~

I walked down to The Community House and saw Sapnap looking tired,"Sapnap?", he looked up me and I realised he seemed mad,"Oh, hey Karl. . .", I sat down next to him,"What's wrong, you seem mad but sad.", he groaned and rubbed his face,"God Karl. . . You missed so much.", he turned to me and I got worried,"Dream has escaped prison thanks to Techno and Phil.", I was shocked, I was expecting anything but that,"He. . . Wait, he got out?!", "Yes! Quackity is planning to ambush and kill him, but with Techno and Phil there, I doubt we can even get near him.", I was too tired to even be scared, but I was surprised that he got out, guess we can thank Techno and Phil.
Quackity then came in pissed off more than I've ever seen him,"Sapnap, we need your help with more wea- Oh, Karl your back.", I wave and rubbed my eyes,"Yeah, hey Quackity.", he gave me a nod as a greeting before turning back to Sapnap, who then jumped off the crate,"Right, Right. Need to make more weapons. You wanna help Karl?", I shook my head, Quackity shrugged,"Okay, see you later.", with that, I was alone again.
I sat there and thought about what I should do, should I go see Dream?

~

I'm going to see Dream.
I stumbled through the snow, trying to walk through think snow in trainers is not a good idea.
But I finally made it to Techno's place, I actually saw Dream and Wilbur talking outside,"Dream?!", he flinched and turned in my direction, he went from scared to happy,"Karl!", he ran over to me and gave me a hug,"It's so good to see you again! Where have you been?", I sighed as Dream freed me from his hug,"I'm so sorry, I got stuck somewhere for a little while and I couldn't get out, but then I found an old friend of mine and he helped me get out and now I'm here.", Wilbur hummed as he came over,"Interesting. Well, like Dream, you missed a fair lot.", I nod with a smile that could only read pain,"Oh, I know.", Dream nods,"Mhm.", "Guys!", we turn to hear Ranboo and see him running towards us,"Ranboo?", he stopped a few feet away while catching his breath,"The. . . I. . . I need your help. It's the Crimson Vines. . .", oh no. Dream frowned,"The what?", Wilbur shook his head,"Take us there Ranboo, we can fill Dream in on the way.", I guess I'm going on a mini trip with these three, great.

~

I was surprised and scared to say the least, the vines have nearly gone over The Snowchester Wall, Dream was taken it back,"What the-The hell is that thing? Or. . . Things?", Wilbur shrugged as Ranboo poked it with a stick,"We have no idea, Dream.", Ranboo nods,"Yeah, the thing kinda appeared out of nowhere and now it's just spreading across the SMP.", I look at the vines, I then took notice that some of the vines were in different shape or a different shade of red, maybe. . .
I turn to Wilbur,"Do you have a sword?", Wilbur nods and pulls it out,",Why?", I took it,"I'll see if I can cut it.", "B-But, we already tired too, but-", I turn to Ranboo,"Trust me.", they went silent, but Wilbur gave me the nod to try,"Just, fill Dream in on everything about this.", with that I went over to the vine.

=

Dream's POV~

"Wait. . . So The Egg that Bad, Puffy, Skeppy and Ant found, it started to spread across the SMP, it started to infect people, and it got Foolish killed?!", Ranboo nods,"Yeah. . . You can tell if anyone is infected by their red eyes, but Bad is the only one not infected and he's just following The Egg's order.", oh Bad, what on earth have you done?!
Wilbur nods,"Tommy filled me in on it too, turns out if anyone tires to cut the vines it does damage to themselves, we can't blow up The Egg cause it will only protect itself and Bad sacrifices people to it.", I rubbed my eyes and tired to let that set in, so Bad is in a fucking cult?!
"Um, Karl, what are you doing??", I look up from my hands to see Karl had gotten a rock and had put it down on the smaller and thinner vine, and it was fucking moving! Karl looked at us,"I wanna try something.", Karl positioned the sword on the vine, before he raised it high above his head and brought it crashing down on he vine!
It made the most demonic sound, the piece that Karl cut off went still while the other piece slipped into the ocean and is hopefully dead.
Karl moved the rock and picked up and long and thin vine,"H-. . . How did you?-", "I thought maybe we could cut the more thin vine, basically the weaker ones, and here we have a result.", I was creeped out by the vine, but thankful it wasn't moving.
Karl bundled it up like it was a string of yarn,"What. . . What are you going to do with it, Karl?. . .", he held up the bundle,"I'd actually like to experiment with it, see what I can find out and if I could make an antidote for The Infected.", Wilbur gave him a thumbs up,"Sounds like a good idea, but do we have the necessary equipment to do so?", Karl sighed,"I forgot about that.", I then raised my voice a little,"Um, Ponk would though. . .", they turn to me,"Ponk, he is doctor, he would have the equipment and the necessary materials for running tests on The Vine.", Karl smiled,"That's great!", "How did you know he was a doctor?", I was about to say something but then Wilbur spoke,"Oh, he just mentioned he had a medical degree and licence a while back.", I nod,"Mhm.", Ranboo nods,"So, guess we're going down to see Ponk?", "Yeah, but I feel like he wouldn't want to see me. . .", suddenly Wilbur pulled me close to him,"Nonsense! Ponk would be glad to see you!", with that I was pulled along with them to head down to see Ponk.

=

Bad's POV~

Something wasn't right.
The Egg was pulling back it's vines, why was it doing that?
"Bad, what's wrong?"
I picked up a thin vine and realised why it was pulling it back,"Someone has cut the vine.", Punz came over in shock,"What?! I thought you said nothing could break them.", "To be fair, the vine is quite thin. But, what happened to the other half of it.", I look at The Egg,"Egg, please answer us and give us the name of the person that has done this.", silence rang out through the room.

"K. . . Karl. . . Jacobs. . ."

Hannah frowned,"Karl is back?-","How did he even cut the vine?!", I stood there in a silent rage, I turned to the others,"If Karl managed to cut the vine, he apposes a threat to The Egg, Punz.", I point to him,"Guess you'll be doing an assassin Misson, find and kill Karl and I'll double your pay.", Punz smiled and picked up a sword,"What I like to hear.", with that he headed out.
I turn to The Egg again,"Will Karl be a threat compared to Foolish.", we await the answer.

"Karl. . . Jacobs. . . Stands as a threat for as long as I live. . . Greater than The God that tried to strike me down."

So.
He is a threat.
Well, Punz will take care of this little problem and have Karl moved out of the way.