Chapter 7: A Journal.

Karl's POV~

After using my sword to pry open the door, I looked inside and it as if War broke out.
The Crimson Vines breached the basement and outside, almost over the wall but barely, only they seemed more weak and. . . Not as red, might turn to dust if I tried to pick up a vine.
I entered the Mansion with caution, holes in the wall, floor, stairs or any sign of a ghost.
I took my camera and took a picture of the vines, it will come in handy later for research on the Origin.
I walked to the basement and I was shocked, The Egg was still there but seemingly dead as the red also disappeared from it's colour, I was. . . Disturbed that there was a rope tied to the ceiling pipes, hopefully nothing bad happened. . .
. . .
Then I noticed 2 envelopes caught in the vines, I knelt down and recognised the handwriting immediately, Sir Billiam.
I slowly reach in and take the letters, but my fears of The Egg attacking me died down as when I pulled them out the vines immediately crumbled to ash.
Go figure I thought, I put them in my bag and left the basement but not without glancing back one last time.

~

I took pictures of each room or detail that could be important, eventually I found Sir Billiam's study, it was written on the door on a golden plate of some kind but barely any writing on it, but is said study.
I opened the door and. . . To be fair, I wasn't too surprised but still took me back.
The walls were covered in papers with simple drawings but drawings of The Egg, people, death or creepy words.
It seemed Sir Billiam lost his mind, which makes a lot of sense I think it just depends on how lonely he is or how long he's been under the Egg's control, weird thing is I don't remember them having red eyes or even red Veins, but then again it could have been hidden by contact lens and make-up.
I went to his desk and found many old things, like broken quils, old papers and items, I opened the drawers and dug through them,"Maybe he kept something. . .", he had to have something on The Egg, maybe even a notebook on it.
I pulled out a drawer and put it on the ground, only for the floor below it to give out and it fell all the way back down to the ground floor,"Opps.", I looked inside and saw it!
I pulled out an A3 sized notebook of sort, like a Journal, I opened it sure enough on the first page it had Sir Billiam's signature, I smiled as I put it in the bag,"Guess you left it for someone to find.", I quickly left the study before any more of the floorboards gave out and ran downstairs and out of the Mansion, though I wanted to stay a little longer I had to get back to the others and solve this Egg problem once and for all!

=

Dream's POV~

Karl came back, looked like a wreck, but he said he found something that could help!
He explained that when Punz mentioned a Mansion, he remembered 'finding' a run down Mansion and went to check it out and found some things out.
Karl opened this book, flipped through a few pages before he began to read;

~÷~

It has been a year or so since I built the Mansion around this mysterious Egg, from what I have gathered from it, it promises to provide me things beyond imagination, wealth and riches.
Though, I am quite skeptical about this, it's promises are just not resistable, though I am glad I've kept this to keep track of it, I had to sacrifice many workers to have it grow this strong, I plan to lure more people here but how.
But, if it does turn out to lie, I've made notes on what The Egg seems to hate.
I've noticed that it doesn't seem to like it when the roots are touched, tried to get the Gardener to get it out of the grounds but safe to say he was devoured in less than a minute.
Makes me believe that the roots and possibly inside it, is what could potentially be the weakness, as well as a few weaker vines.

~÷~

Ranboo was taken it back,"Woah. . . So, this thing has existed for years?!", Karl nods,"Yeah, it seems this was written back in 1800s, but according to the 3rd page this Mansion was built on a breeding ground for the thing, which means that Bad, Skeppy, Puffy and the others were digging on another breeding ground.", Wilbur cursed in anger,"Fucking idiots, this is why we don't dig much underground!", I clear my throat,"So, you think we can beat this thing?", Karl nods,"Yeah! We just need to know how deep the roots are in the ground, how we can destroy the roots and then destroy whatever is inside.", Ponk nods,"Sounds like a plan, though I'd like to keep Punz here just to be safe.","Yeah, and I'll stay here just to make sure he's okay.", oh, I was so going to blow that thing up!

~

"You sure about this Dream?", I smiled as he walked down the path,"Yeah! Foolish and Eret will appreciate the new information, also gives me a chance to apologise to them for damages.", "Karl!", we froze, Sapnap.
I quickly ducked behind a fallen tree but Karl turned to face his fiancé.
"Hey, Sapnap-"
"Who is James?!"
I peak out and see him holding a book and waving it in Karl's face,"Who the fuck is James?!", "Sapnap- He's just a friend out of The SMP!", "Then how come you never talked about him?! Huh?!!", Sapnap was making these accusations, but this just just a whole other level of jealousy, of a man that has been dead since 1800s!
Karl then snatched the book,"Oh, so I can't have male friends now!? Tell me; Why is it that this book is full of Men's names but the one called James is the one that bothers you the most?!", Sapnap didn't have an answer,"I uh-","AND, the fact you were snooping in my stuff, just makes this situation worse!", "Karl, I-", but Karl slammed the book shut in his face,"If you wanna talk about someone cheating on ya, go talk to Quackity, I'm sure he'll tell you all about his flirtatious habits!", and of fucking course Quackity did, from what I can remember he was supposed to marry Eret but left him last minute, flirted with Jschlatt in Spanish, then proceed to try and ask Techno out on a date.
. . .
Yeah, Quackity is the one that should be yelled out.
"Just go away Sapnap, accuse me all you want!", with that, Sapnap left.
I came out and we continued to walk down to Foolish's place.

. . .

"Hey. . .", Karl looked up at me with tears in his eyes,"I'm not an expert on romance, but if he truly loves you. . . He'll come to his senses. And I know you would never do that to him.", Karl smiled as he wiped his tears,"Thanks, Dream.", I smiled, God I missed Karl and just talking to people.