Chapter 32: A Witness.

Karl's POV~

"ACK!"
I was thrown out of the portal hard, I stood up as the portal disappeared,"SON OF FROG!", I stood up and dusted the dust off myself, I looked and realised I wasn't in L'manberg I was overlooking it.
I looked beyond the trees and saw the open space and the Van, I smiled at those memories it was such a shame good times ended too soon.
But. . . Why was I up a mountain of some kind and not down there.
I jumped at the sound of lightning clapping and people screaming!

~

I ran up to the top of the mountain and was frozen of the sight.
People in black cloaks lay lifeless on the ground, blood was swept everywhere, weapons bent beyond repair and even the mountain itself had markings from the lightning.
I then realised two people were up here.
Foolish but he looked much more different and maybe stronger, and. . . Eret?
I mean, it looked like Eret but they were wearing much different clothing to their style and had no sunglasses to hide his eyes.
The look alike of Eret turned to Foolish, both of them were banged up and wrecked from the possible battle,"I. . . You good, Foolish?", "Yep. . .! Thanks, Alistair.", wait, Alistair? So, this can't be Eret.
Then I saw a black figure ran up with with a sword,"Wait-", "ALISTAIR, LOOK OUT!!", "NO!!!", I couldn't help but scream.
The sword. . . Stabbed him right in the gut, Foolish looked frozen from it and so did this Alistair, but before they could do anything though, the mystery person kicked Alistair off the cliff,"ALISTAIR!!!", I ran to the side and looked down, watching the guy fall into the trees.
I. . . I just witnessed a murder. . .
The cloaked man took off running, I turned to him,"GET BACK HERE!", I ran after him not long before Foolish cried out,"I'LL HAVE YOUR HEART AS MY TROPHY!!!", I ran after him and into a side cave into the mountain, as I did I watched as the cloak fell to the floor and a. . . Mouse crawled out?
I was stunned, then Foolish ran in with tears streaming down his face and. . . This strange black stuff covering him,"WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!", I quickly left.
As I got out I saw the mouse run down the mountain trail, I quickly ran after it there was no way that a person could escape that easily!

~

Once I got to the bottom, the mouse ran into the woods to the side,"GET BACK HERE!", I slightly slipped in the mud before I quickly pulled myself up and ran after the small animal.

. . .

=

George's POV~

"Sapnap-", "NO, LET ME AT HIM!!", I smirk as I held up the 'L', I corrected Sapnap on what a Mushroom Stem was and lost it.
"Karl!"
We turned and saw Karl walking by us,"Karl, Hi!", I stopped and realised how pale he looked, the black Veins were more noticeable than the white, he had tear trains, and his eyes and his face were red from crying,"Karl?! What happened, are you okay?!", ". . . M'kay.", with a soft answer, he left us concerned.
. . .

~

I followed Karl in curiosity, I saw him just walking aimlessly and trying to wipe his tears.
"Karl?"
I froze and saw Dream, I watched from behind a tree as they talked and seemed to be why Karl was crying.
Then he just broke.
He hid his face in Dream's shoulder and just burst into tears, Dream held him close and just let him cry.
. . .
Was Karl really this broken down. . .?
How could none of us notice how bad his emotional state was, but what pushed him over the edge to break?

=

Foolish's POV~

"Foolish. . .", I turned away from my build and saw Dream holding Karl close, who was crying and trying to stop,"We need to talk. . . It's serious. . .", I frown in concern, did something happen?

~

I stood there in silence.
I took a minute before I opened my mouth,"Your telling me. . . Karl saw what happened.", "He was taken back in time, Foolish. . .", I look at Karl and Dream, I knew he was going back in time, I knelt down to Karl,"Karl, what exactly did you see.", Karl sniffled, trying to control himself and talk,"I-*hic* I-I saw the person. . . F-fall-*sniffle*A-And you ch-chased the person-*hic* And his. . . -his cloak fell and a-a mouse ran o-out-*sniffle*, I-I followed and it. . . I-IT *hic* Shaped. . .!", he broke down in tears, I looked at Dream and we both were hit by a realisation, it wasn't just any cult member.
"It was a Shapeshifter."

~

After we lay Karl down on the sofa to let him sleep and clam down, me and Dream moved to another room.
"Foolish, what do we do?", "I-I. . . I don't know. . . If it was a Shapeshifter, then anyone here could be a Shapeshifter!. . .", Dream nods in agreement,"Yeah. . . Why I could never fully trust anyone, not sure who they worked for or, if it was an actual human. . .", I took a deep breath, everyday my arm left more and more heavy. . . It was getting worse and stress was not helping it, it was going to spread and I'll not be able to hid it anymore.
"Hey.", I turned to Dream who took my shoulder,"It will be okay, we'll think of a plan, okay?", I smile and pat his head,"Thanks bro, just. . . A little weak at the moment. . .", "We just need to work on Eret's memory and his powers, their powers are acting up and who knows how long it will take for him to have control over them.", I nod.
This was going to be a bloody mess of a time.

=

Me: Right, another chapter.

Motivation: So~ How long do you think it will take to end the book?

Me: A good while, why?

Motivation: Cause I made these for ya!

Motivation: Drafts for later~~

Me: . . .

*proceeds to strangle Motivation*