Chapter 38: Taking A Rest.

Karl's POV~

Once we got back, Techno revealed he found this device in a desk, so Kristen took it and now they're working on the device thing.

~

I sat outside as they worked, I was still wondering if I should tell them all but, they would just think I've gone mad or something.
"Karl?"
I look up and see Dream, he sat down next to me,"Hey, you okay?", "Yeah. . .", he looked at me, he was ready my face, I sighed,"I'm just tried. . . This thing on my face is itchy and apparently one of my exs are in prison.", Dream nods slowly,"Yeah, sorry about that I mean, my Ex just chose a God over us and probably sold his soul to him at some point.", dammit why does George have to be like this?
. . .
Maybe I can trust Dream with what Ran told me, I mean he has helped us and the smiley wasn't his signature one.
"Dream, can I trust you with something?", "Sure, what is it?", no turning back,"Um. . . Well, it may sound a little confusing but. . . It's something I discovered and was told about by. . . You know what?", Dream nods,"Ah, I see. What else did you find out?", I took a deep breath, trying to remember patches of Ran's conversation,"So, you know how Ponk told you about his story if him falling out a window?", "Yes, hard to forget.", ". . .", Dream looked confused yet concerned,"Why. . .?", I gulp down my fear and turned to him probably.
"Dream. Ponk was never supposed to fall out of a window. A friend I met, told me that Ponk was never supposed to have any trauma inflicted on him, but the book changed so suddenly. In the in original timeline nothing happens to Ponk till later on, so this friend suspects that someone went back in time to try and kill him, if he died you would have never been born but they only had once chance and failed when Ponk survived."
Dream was silent,"So. . . That's why Ponk never brought up the story till now, it's because it didn't happen till someone changed history.", I nod.
. . .
I swear, I could see silent anger building up in him, I turn away,"And I can't even go back and see who did it, I'm terrible at this Dream. . . Why was I given this 'Gift'?", I huffed and rested my eyes.
"Because your someone that we need in our lives.", I look up at Dream, he smiled at me,"Karl, you are the type of person that truly owns this power. You go back in time and make people smile, take The Butler you met, you brought a smile to someone's face that you barely knew. You stopped a whole town from dying, but changing the past even just a little bit it impacts the future and I can't think of a better Time Traveller like you.", I smiled and hug Dream.
"Still a downside a get attached too easily."
"I know buddy. . . I know the feeling. . ."

=

"They'll come for us, just you wait you traitor!", DreamXD did nothing but laugh,"You shouldn't blame me, blame yourself for being so trusting and spoiled. ", XD approached the cell,"You were so desperate for attention, all I had to to gain your trust was give you a few items and you'd dismiss my behaviour as messing around.", George felt something plauge his heart, was it guilt? Had really let materials get to him that much??

"XD. Be prepared. I want my son back in one piece and my Nephew DEAD."

"Of course, Sir."

=

Eret's POV~

Wilbur took me up the mountain thing,"You sure this will help me with my memory?", "I read in Dream's mental health/disorders book that taking an amnesic person to certain places could help them unlock a few memories.", he took a breather as he caught up.
The top of the mountain was, over grown of course, but I could see armour, swords and even a black cloaks still caught in the thorn bushes.
I approached the edge and peaked down,"Long way down. . .", "Mhm. . .", as I stared down it left like the wind was pushing me closer but it like my feet were glued to the ground.
"Foolish are you okay?"
"Yeah, thanks for having my back."
"No worries my friend, we have each others backs. We're so close to The Smp by now-"
"ALISTAIR, LOOK OUT!"
"ERET!"
I was suddenly pulled back from the edge by Wilbur, breaking me out of a sort of trance,"S-Sorry, Eret!. . . I thought you would fall. . .! Let's. . . Go home. . . Back to The Smp. . .", he helped me up and lead me down.
. . .
"Was I suppose to visit someone here?", "H-huh?", Wilbur looked at me with surprise, I held my head,"It was dark, but I could hear Foolish talking to me. . . And I was saying something about how close we were to The Smp, were we supposed to see someone?", Wilbur sighed as we got to the bottom of the mountain.
"In a way. . ."