Chapter 4: Experimenting.

Ponk's POV~

Well, there goes one of my needles, because of threat to Quackity the tip has been destroyed, but he's unlikely that I have more than enough to last me a good while.
I then heard knocking,"Come in.", the door opened and Karl, Wilbur, Ranboo and. . . Dream?!
Wilbur waved nervously,"Hey, Ponk!", I sighed and turned to them, honestly I knew he would get out eventually and my guess is Sam got guilty and let him go,"Come in.", they slipped into the room and Ranboo made sure to lock the door,"What happened, or more specifically what did you do?", Wilbur chuckled,"Heh, bold of you to assume we did something.", "We want to borrow your equipment.", I frown and turn to Ranboo,"Wha?", Karl showed me something wrapped around his hand,"What is that?", "U-Um. . . A Vine from The Egg?", I stop for a moment, I stare at him,"What.", Karl rubbed the back of his neck with a nervous smile,"W-Well, the Vines almost got over the Snowchester Wall, so I tried to cut on of the thinner vines with a sword and uh, well it worked!", I close my eyes and let this information sneak in.
I stare at them and put my hands together,"So, you all managed to cut a Vine. . . And why does my equipment need to be required?", Dream made a face that spelled out his fear,"Well, we wanted to see if it's possible if we could make a cure, because now that we have a Vine we could run some tests but we. . . Didn't have the necessary equipment.", I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose,"Is that a no?", "No, it is not a no, Dream. You can all use my equipment, but if anything is blown up or destroyed, your replacing it.", Ranboo exhaled heavily, Wilbur shrugged,"Fair enough.", Dream nods.

~

Dream, Wilbur, Karl and Ranboo got out some chemicals and liquids, and I had to supervise them because Ranboo kept forgetting which one was not going to blow this Vine up or my stuff.
So far, we cut up the vine in small pieces so we wouldn't run out quickly, and so far it has either turned to Ash, acid or just. . . Flat out explode the bowel, Ranboo did that and he immediately wrote a reminder to get me a new one.
"Wait!", we turn to Karl,"I think I know what we could try.", he went under the table and pulled out a bottle of Weed Killer,"Weed Killer?", Karl opens it and pours it into a flask,"What if we tried Chlorine Bleach, I know it disinfects tools after they've been used, and it could be a solution to disinfect the others.", Wilbur nods as he grabs another piece of the vine,"Only one way to find out.", Wilbur dropped it in and we took a huge step back as it began to bubble a little violently.

~

"It. . . It turned yellow?", I pulled on my glove and picked it up,"Interesting.", "Y-You think it worked?", I shrugged,"I can't be sure, we need to test it first but not on The Eggpire in case it kills them, so we should find something that has been infected by The Egg but not a human or hybird.", Wilbur nods,"Time to investigate.", with that they headed out.
"Dream."
He stopped and groaned, he turned around and had a look of fear,"Y-Yeah. . .", I leaned against the table and folded my arms,"Don't think I'm upset with anything with you, at this point I've met people that have done worse so, please fo not fear me.", Dream was surprised but he gave me a smile before following the others.

=

Wilbur's POV~

We looked around the vines, Karl even managing to cut more vines just in case we found anything not human to test the cure on.
"AHHH!!"
"WHAT THE FUCK?!"
Me and Karl turned to see Ranboo on the ground with a dog nashing at him, Dream immediately tried to pull it off him!
We rushed over and saw that the dog was foaming at the mouth, eyes red and red markings, Dream handed it to Karl, who kept a firm grip on the dog that went quiet,"So, guess we're testing it on the dog.", "Get down.", Dream suddenly got us down under a small little cliff in the earth, I the heard quiet footsteps coming towards us.
". . . Just how high are you going to increase the pay for this kill, like cause my original pay was pretty high and how fast will the pay be given to me.", Karl gave the dog a very stern look and put his fucking hand in the dog's mouth to keep it silent, and I knew that Punz was above us but was he going be paid to kill someone?
After what felt like forever, he left.
We crawled out and peaked out to see Punz walking away, I turn to the others,"You think The Eggpire knows?", Karl nods,"Most definitely. If The Egg made that much of a demonic screech then yeah, they know.", oh fuck, we may have a hitman on us.
I really thought this day couldn't get any worse, but it did.

~

I felt sad that we had to put the dog in the cage, but we had to see if it works.
Ponk had some of the potential-cure ready to inject,"So, Punz is possibly after you all because you cut the vine.", "Yyyyyeeeaaah.", Karl chuckled nervously,"If you guys see me die, then you'll know why.", Ranboo looked worried that Karl said that so casually, but then again death is not much scary topic here.
Ponk opened the cage and somehow, he got the dog still and injected it!
Ponk pulled back and locked the cage and dog lay down, he turned to us,"We now wait, though I worry about you all going home with Punz most definitely looking for you 4. So, feel free to stay here the night but message Phil and Techno about it.", Dream nods and Wilbur already got his messages opened,"Got it.", Ranboo groaned with fear in his voice,"This is going to be one rough night.", Dream nods and rubs his eyes.

=

That night, Ponk sat at his desk to watch the Dog and make sure Punz didn't come in.
The others were asleep but Ranboo lay awake, the ringing on his ears and the voices kept getting more loud, Ramboo covered his ears and turned on his side and promised himself to stay awake at all costs, to prevent him from doing something fucking stupid.
Suddenly his hands were moved and something was placed on his head, Ranboo first wanted to take them off when Suddenly gentle music began to play out. . .
He turned around and Wilbur climb back into bed and lay down.