Six.

Anna walked down the hallway of her school, hoping to see Scott. She'd called him severally, it always went straight to voicemail and also she had gone to his place yesterday but he wasn't there, she was hoping to see him in school. Luck was on her side as she had sighted him talking to a group of people. She decided to call his phone. She watched him take out his phone and glance at the screen, and she also saw that he had ignored her call.

   Why on earth would he do that? Anna questioned herself. As soon as she noticed  Scott was about leaving, she ran up to meet him.

     "Scott! Scott!!" Anna yelled out his name, trying to make him stop and turn around before he could leave.

   Scott turned around. The look on his face said that he wasn't expecting to see her. "Oh, Anna?"

     "I've been trying to reach you, you haven't been picking my calls or replying my texts." Anna stated.

    He avoided her eyes, like he was nervous. "Sorry, been busy lately." He told her.

    "Okay... When can we talk? I was hoping I could talk to you." Anna gazed at him. She suddenly remembered Friday night.

    "Cool but look, I gotta go." He told her, turning to leave.

    "When can we talk?" Anna asked. Something seemed off about him, but she didn't press on.

     "I'll text you." He said walking away.

"Okay." Anna nodded while watching him leave.

      Anna waited for his text all day but she didn't see any. The next day, it was too obvious he was avoiding her, because even during chemistry which they always sit together, Anna noticed that he got a new seat partner.

     "I never got your text." It was the first sentence Anna said as soon as she caught up with Scott when the teacher dismissed them.

     Scott gaped at her.... "I've got another class right now and —"

     Anna sat beside him. "You don't think I know that?" She sighed deeply. "About last Friday we—"

    "It was my mistake." He said quickly, cutting her off. "It shouldn't have happened, I blame myself." Scott was uneasy.

     Anna parted her lips to speak but she couldn't find her voice.

    "Are we... Cool now?" Scott asked her.

   Anna swallowed. She wasn't expecting that from him. He sounded so care free about it, like it didn't matter. She gave him her virginity and now he was acting like nothing happened? They were friends for goodness sake!

    "What happened happened, let's not make it a big deal. Let's forget about it." Scott stood up. "I have to go. We're okay, right?"

     Anna was staring at the table, she could not believe what he was saying. Not a big deal? Forget about it? She didn't need to be told, Scott was regretting what happened. How could she be so stupid?!

     "Anna are you listening?" Scott frowned at her.

     "Ye-eah." She stuttered, nodded slowly.

    "Okay, see you later." Scott walked out of the lab leaving only her.

     What was happening to Scott? This wasn't what she had thought would happen.

      "A-Anna." It was Garry, knocking on the entrance door to the lab.

  "Hey." Anna looked up at him. "Garry." She wasn't sure how to react.