Sixteen.

"Anna." As soon as Scott was about to take a step to meet her, the doors burst open. And there came Amanda.

    "Oh Baby! Thank God you're still here." Amanda said in her usual pitched voice. "I see you got my bag." Amanda smiled, not taking note of the stare between Scott and Anna. "You're such a sweetheart!" She Immediately clung to his arm like a monkey, turning to see Anna in front of her. "Oh it's you." She gave a small smile.

    Anna instantly broke eye contact, looking away. "Hi." She greeted nervously, looking at Amanda.

     "I was just about to call you." Amanda told her. "You're late."

    "Yeah." Her voice sounded weird, she cleared her throat. "Yeah, sorry about that." Now she sounded confident.

    "Oh wait! This is my fiancée... Scott." Amanda said proudly, giving Scott a kiss on his cheek. "You should know him." Amanda smirked, turning to Anna.

     Anna licked her lips, tucking in her hair behind her ear. "Hmmm." She said, not necessarily meaning yes or no. She was beginning to feel a little self conscious.

   "Why don't we go in and discuss about the cake?" Amanda told her cheerfully, collecting her bag from Scott who seemed lost in a daze. 

     "Su-sure." Anna proceeded to go in first as the doorman opened the door for them to enter.

    Anna kept swallowing, trying to calm herself down.

    "Baby, I already ordered. Do you wanna order the same as me?" Amanda asked sweetly. When Scott didn't respond, she took his silence as a yes. "Well don't worry, I'll order what I am having." She said leading him to her seat.

    "Why don't you both settle down, I'll have the cakes out in no time." Anna said, focusing her gaze on Amanda even those she noticed Scott's piercing gaze.

    Scott watched Anna leave. His brain was yet to wrap what was happening, he needed a minute or two to figure out if everything was real and not a dream.

    Anna briskly walked away, going to her office. Jackie caught up with her.

  "Anna!" Jackie called out behind Anna.

   Anna whipped her head back, turning to Jackie. Before Jackie could say a word, Anna spoke first. "I need you to do something for me. You see those two people who walked in here when I did," Anna said to her.

    "Yeah?" Jackie raised a brow.

"Handle them. If they ask why, tell them something. Make up an excuse, okay?"

  "Err.. Is everything okay... Anna?" Jackie frowned at her. She also noticed Anna was sweating, which was weird because the AC was on full blast.

    "I'm fine. I just don't want to take up their order." Anna said, exhaling.

   Jackie nodded. "Okay. Was it Amanda who walked in?" She asked.

   "Yeah." Anna nodded. "You know what to do." She said before walking away.

   Jackie watched her leave for her office before going out to face Amanda.

     Amanda had already gotten what she ordered and had started eating. "Oh there you are." Amanda wiped her mouth with a napkin. "Where is Anna?"

     "About that.... I'm really sorry. Anna won't be able to join you today, she isn't feeling well." Jackie said to Amanda.

   "What?" Amanda frowned. "Why would she agree to having an appointment when she isn't feeling okay? But she seemed fine earlier." She raised a brow.