Twenty-four.

A year ago......

Galway Ireland......

       "Mommy I want to go into the haunted house!!" Isla kept pestering her mother.

    They were at a carnival, filled with thousands of people. Anna had decided to take Isla to the carnival.

     "Sweetie you'll have nightmares." Anna answered. She was on her phone, talking to Justin. They had just landed a big contract so she was in charge of the order. For a wedding, the wedding was the next day and she was under a lot of pressure.

      "Mommy, please." Isla begged but her mom, turned away from her.

   Anna paid no attention to isla but tried stopping Isla from tugging on her dress.

     "Mommy?" Isla whispered softly but Anna was too busy talking to Justin over the phone. Isla looked around the place and she saw a clown with some balloons, beckoning on her to come. She smiled, she glanced up at Anna before strolling away to follow the clown with the balloons.

    Anna sighed, hanging up after a minute or two. "Alright swee—" she turned around, looking for Isla. "Isla? Isla?" Anna couldn't see any sign of her daughter. "Isla!!" Anna panicked, running to different directions to look for Isla. "Isla!!" Anna began yelling out Isla's name.

   "Have you seen a little girl? Blue dress, high ponytail. About six?" Anna had tears in her eyes as she asked every person she came in contact with.

     "No."

     "I haven't seen her."

    "Nope."

    "This is a carnival, lots of kids get mixed up."

    Those were the words she kept hearing from people. Most people shook pitiable heads at her. Anna had even checked the haunted house that Isla had been talking about. Almost twenty minutes and still no sign of her.

    "She was with me one minute, the next she was gone." Anna sobbed uncontrollably to the police officers who were with her. "I am gonna die if I don't find her." She wept, her dressed was soaked in tears.

     "We'll find her ma'am. She might be around, you should calm down." One of the officers tried consoling her.

    "She's just a kid!! My baby is just a kid!! What if she's hurt?! Don't just stand there doing nothing!!!! Find her!!!" Anna yelled at the officers.

     "The officers are doing their jobs," one of the officers said to her. "We were asked to keep you company."

   She scoffed between her tears. "Compa- Fuck you!" Anna ran past them like a deranged person. "Isla!!! Isla!!! Has anyone seen a little girl?! Islaaaaa!!!" Anna kept screaming, running, trying to find her daughter.

     "Ma'am!! Ma'am!!" The officers tried to call her back.

    "God please no, please no. Oh god no. Please bring back my baby, I want my baby back." Anna stumbled, falling to the ground crying profusely.

     "Mommy?!"

   Anna recognized her daughter's voice. She looked ahead, seeing Isla, Anna stood up ignoring the pain in her leg. "Isla!!!" She ran.

     Isla who was with someone ran, towards her, meeting Anna mid way.

    "Oh God!!!" Anna swooped Isla into her arms, giving her a bear crushing hug. "Thank God, thank God. Oh thank God!!" Anna cried out, raining kisses on Isla's face.