Forty one.

Isla kept glancing at her parents who sat in the car with her.

"How come you're both quiet?" Isla asked, looking at Anna. "Did you fight again?"

"Peaches," Anna pulled Isla into her arms. "We didn't fight. I'm just tired that's all."

"Daddy, mommy says she's tired maybe we can go out some other time." Isla said to Scott.

He glanced at Isla back to Anna. "Whatever you want baby girl." He loosened his tie a little. "Sweetheart, should I take you home now?" He asked.

"Yes." Isla nodded.

Scott looked down at his daughter and smirked. "You know, I was asking your mom." He gestured for Isla to come over.

Isla giggled, moving to go to Scott. "So mummy is Sweetheart?" She asked, allowing her father carry her unto his lap.

"Yup!" He ruffled her hair. "Your hair is so soft and full like your mom's." His hand ran through his daughter's hair.

"Can I braid your hair?" Isla asked Scott.

"Sure, go ahead." Scott grinned at her, letting her kneel on his lap.

Anna looked at Scott. "She'll ruin your hair."

"Let her." He smiled at Anna. "Should I take you home?"

"Yeah." She nodded.
❄❄❄❄

Naraya took Isla inside the house while Anna decided to see Scott out.

"About today..." Anna started to say. She was a bit nervous and giddy.

    Scott stopped her from talking. "You don't need to say anything if you don't want to."  He studied her with watchful eyes. "What do you want Anna?"

She sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "I am confused Scott. I am so confused."

"Hey," he held her hands in his. "Do you want me to stay away until you're-"

She frowned. "You want to stay away? Like go... Go away? Scott I thought -"

"Sweetheart you have a wild imagination. I'm never ever leaving your side even if you push me off a cliff, you got that? You cannot get rid of me so easily! Do you know how long I waited for both of us to be together? I can't... I can't let you go, never. And now, we have a beautiful daughter. I love you both and I am never leaving." He gave a weak smile. "Anna bear you said you're confused, I don't want to confuse you anymore so I want you to decide."

"Scott I like Daniel." Anna told him. "For you, I just... I don't know what I feel." She tried to sound truthful, but she wasn't saying the whole truth.

He nodded slowly. "I understand."

"I can't ask you how you feel for me because it's obvious what you really want." Anna shrugged. "I'm still getting to know you Scott, and you're someone who loves women."

"Anna Yolanda Windsor, I want to change... For you. I want you back in my life, I want you in my present and in my future. It's just you, no other woman." Scott told her as sincere as he could.

Anna closed her eyes and sighed. "What," she opened her eyes, staring at Scott who stood a foot in front of her. "How do you feel about me Scott? How much do I mean to you?"

Scott ran his hand down his hair. He wanted to get something out of his mouth and mind. "Anna I want you to be with me."

"So that you'll have other fuck buddies?" She raised a disapproving brow. "You don't want to change, you just want to come to me when you have no one to sleep with, am I right?"