Forty-five

"Happy birthday Isla-Isabelle Estephania Corazon Maria-Angelus Windsor." Syla gave the little girl a bear crushing hug.

     "Thank you aunt!" Isla hugged her back. "I love you very much."

     "Awwww, I love you too my little baby girl." Syla gave Isla tons of face kisses before dropping her on her feet.

     "Mommy, when are we leaving for grandma's house?" Isla asked going to meet Anna who had just entered.

    "When your dad gets here." Anna told her, placing freshly baked cookies on the dinning table. "I can't believe you're all grown up Peaches." Anna pulled Isla closer to her body. "I remember when you were just so tiny." Anna rained kisses on her daughter.

   Isla giggled happily. "Mommy, I'm really happy today."

    "Sure, it should be your happiest day." Naraya said, walking in with a tray of treats.

     She placed her hands on her mother's shoulder. "I'm happy because daddy is finally celebrating my birthday with me and grandma is throwing the biggest party for me. I feel so lucky to have people who love me too much."

     Anna smiled proudly at her little girl. "You're the best gift ever given to me." She stroked Isla's hair. "Mommy loves you more than you can ever imagine. You'll always be my little girl munchkin."

     "And I love you too Mommy." Isla grinned before giving Anna a peck on the cheek.

     "Okay now, let's get ready before your dad comes." Anna said, kissing Isla's forehead.

    "My tiaras!" Isla raced out happily.
..................................................................................

   "You look happy. No, you're glowing." Naraya said, smirking at Anna.

   "Of course! Isla is growing so fast and everything is returning back to normal and..." Her mind drifted back to last night with Scott.

   "You're lost again." Naraya teased her in a sing song voice, making Anna blush. "So were you able to talk to Daniel?"

  Anna placed a hand on her cheek, suddenly she remembered the slap she had given Daniel. "I did something so terrible." She sighed.

   "That would be?"

   "I had hit him." Anna groaned out.

  "Hit him? Like..." Naraya raised a brow.

  "Um, like a s-slap?"

  "What? Are you serious, for real?" Naraya blinked at her.

   "I know, I know! I just..." She ran her hand down her hair, feeling a bit frustrated. "I feel guilty."

   "What happened?" Naraya asked her.

   "He broke up with me because I thought he was afraid of losing me to Scott. Naraya I do like Daniel, I don't what him to think I'm an ungrateful bitch. He's done a lot for Isla."

   "You need to stop feeling a sense of... A sense of obligation towards Daniel. You don't have feelings for Daniel romantically Anna, it's only a feeling of gratitude. They are two different things." She shook her head at Anna.

  "I feel so terrible for hitting him like that." Anna sighed sadly.

   Naraya smiled at her. "You didn't mean it. He's Daniel, he'll get over it."

   "I don't know Naraya..."

  "Okay stop. It's Isla's birthday today, I'm sure if you talk to him he won't be all that upset anymore." She assured her cousin. "Now... Speaking of Scott..." She smirked at Anna.