Forty- four

They ended up talking, laughing and spending quality time together.

    "You should stop drinking Daniel." Anna pulled the glass away from his hand. "I still have more reasons to drink than you do." She smiled at him.

    He stared at her. "How do you do it?"

  "What?" She was confused.

    "You make everything seem okay when you're not." Daniel told her. "I want to know how you do it."

    Anna sighed deeply. "My life sucks and I am hurting so bad. I miss my mom so much, I know she's not coming back." She answered. "I can't take it. Sometimes I want to yell at God for taking her away from me. I don't think I'll ever recover." She told him. "Daniel, I'm not okay."

    "I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better." He said, looking at her sad eyes.

    "You can't." She told him. "You don't even have a serious problem and you're drinking," she shook her head. "That's not wise."

    He scoffed. "Try being perfect all your life. Doing things you don't want to do all in the name of being the perfect son. It's tiring."

    "Why don't you just tell them how you feel and that you don't want to take the exams. I'm sure they'll understand." Anna told him.

    He laughed sarcastically. "Yeah right." He took another shot. "You see, my life also sucks too."

    "At least, your parents are there with you." She chirped in.

    Daniel ruffled his hair, laughing. "You're funny."

     "I didn't say anything funny." Anna shrugged watching the drunk Daniel talking.

    They talked again for a while before it got late.

     "Hey, Daniel. Can you manage on your own?" Anna asked him as she prepared to leave.

    "Sure." He nodded groggily. He was intoxicated.

    She sighed. "Okay so, I'm gonna go. It's getting late my aunt might freak out." She told him, getting up. Daniel only nodded. "Are you sure you can manage? You seem way too drunk to me."

    "Don't worry, I can drive to my unit myself."

   "What! Daniel are you kidding me, you can't drive in this state? Look at you, you're dead drunk. Alright get up, I'll drive you home to your place." She rolled her eyes.

   "No, you don't—"

   "Oh get up big brother, let me help you." She pulled him up. Anna searched for his car keys in his pockets.

    "Hey, you're teasing me with your touch." Daniel slurred, smiling at her. "That's assault." He said when he felt her hands squeeze his breast.

   "Oops." She grinned at him. "I found your keys."

   Anna managed to get him in the car and she drove off to his condo unit. Reaching his unit, she helped him to the room, throwing him on the bed.

     "Dammit Daniel you're so heavy." She groaned. She watched him sit up. "Do you need anything else?"

   "God I love you, you're such a darling." He said taking off his shoes and tossing them to a corner. "I owe you." He said, unbuttoning his shirt.

     "You do." She smiled. "Hold on, I'll help you with that." She said to him when she noticed he was having difficulties in undoing his buttons.

    Anna sat beside him on the bed. "You're  dead drunk big brother." She scoffed, helping him unbutton his shirt.

    "Big brother..." Daniel chuckled.