Forty two.

The dinner ended with both of them silent. When Daniel had dropped her off that night, he decided that he had to clear the air.

    "Are you upset with me?" He asked as they both walked down the pavement.

  Anna faced him squarely. "What do you think?" She narrowed her eyes at him. "Bringing up Scott ruined the mood and it's only our first date!"

     "I'm sorry. We both know it's true and I can't compete with Scott."

     She groaned... "You know what? I wanna smack that face of yours right now! Daniel I chose you because you're the one I want and not... Scott. But clearly," she poked his chest with a finger. "You don't know what you want."

    "Of course I know, Anna I love you and—"

   "But in your mind you're competing with Scott and that's not healthy. It's just the two of us, and whatever Scott and I had is long over." She frowned at him. "Dee, I really want us to work... But... You are making me think otherwise."

   "Oh Anna." He wrapped his arms around her body. "I just don't want to lose you."

    "Then stop acting like you're losing me." Anna said, looking at him.

   "Sorry. I am so sorry Anna." He apologized.

    She finally sighed. "Let's... Let's forget about it." Anna pulled away from him, giving him a small smile. "It's getting cold out here, you should get going."

    He nodded slowly. "I ruined our date, didn't I?"

    "Are you kidding? I got to fly in a helicopter!!" She exclaimed, seeming excited. "That was scary... But fun! I didn't even know you could fly one." She admitted, this time not feigning her surprise.

   Daniel chuckled softly. "You were so scared and I remember your face when I said I'd catch you if you fell. It was so hilarious."

    "And it was not funny." She shook her head before laughing. Their laugh died down and Anna decided to thank him. "Thanks, for being here." She told him.

    "You don't need to thank me." He smiled at her.

    "I do." She went closer, hugging him. "For always being there for Isla and me."
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

   "Grandma is planning the biggest party ever mom. Do you really think she's gonna invite JoJo Siwa to perform on my birthday?" Isla asked her mother as they had their breakfast.

    "I don't know peaches." Anna was busy on her phone and she paid less attention to Isla.

    "Make sure you're eating your vegetables Isla." Syla said, sitting across the table.

    Isla nodded at Syla but turned back to Anna. "Mommy, is daddy on his way?" Her mother hmmmed. "Call him, he should be here by now." Isla told her mom but Anna wasn't listening.

  "So birthday girl, what do you want for your birthday?" Naraya who just walked in, asked Isla.

    "A lot of things!! But not you worry, Grandma promised to get me all of them. I'm waiting for daddy so he could take me to grandma's house so that I can see the playhouse she made for me." Isla narrated happily.

    "That's nice. But I still have to get something for you baby girl." Naraya said to Isla.

   Isla turned back to Anna. "Mommy, how about daddy?"

    "He'll be here sweetie pie, relax." Anna answered her.

   Isla was spending the entire day with Scott. She was ecstatic and couldn't wait.