Twelve.

Ever since the mysterious lady arrived, Scott's eyes had been glued on her. Her scent turned him on, like she had put a spell on him.

     "Chad, who's that woman?" Scott asked, looking at the woman in red.

     Chad chuckled lightly.. "You mean the one you've been ogling at for over an hour?"

     Scott sipped some champagne from his flute. "Exactly." Keeping his eyes steadily on the woman in red. All the while he hadn't gotten a glimpse of her face as she had always had her back turned to him.

    "I don't know her. Half the men here can't seem to stop looking at her. Look at her," Chad shrugged. "If you ask me, she looks like a snub. Everyone just can't seem to stay away from her, even the ladies." Chad stated to Scott.

    Chad was right in a way though. The woman in red seemed to draw plenty attention from around. She was so confident and welcoming to everyone and anyone. Scott was just waiting for her to back away from the crowd to make his move.

    "What are you thinking?" Chad asked, taking a sip from his flute.

    "The perfect opportunity." Scott said plainly.

   "The perfect opportunity for?" Chad turned to look at Scott.

    "I want her." He couldn't tear his eyes off the woman in red.

    "Dude," Chad rolled his eyes. "Control that hormone of yours for tonight, can you do that?"

      Scott noticed that she was about to leave the group of people she was with. "That's my cue." He smirked, turning to Chad. "Hold on to this for me." He handed Chad his flute.

     He turned same time she turned. He saw her laugh, and just like slo-mo, he paused to watch her flip her hair away from her face.

     It was like he suddenly stopped breathing, gazing intently at her as he watched her gracefully tuck her hair behind her ear. Scott could never forget that smile, that soul lifting laugh. At first, he couldn't believe it, he wanted to doubt that it was truly the person he had been searching for, for seven long years.

      "Anna." He whispered softly, feeling his entire body go numb.
🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

      "Where are you going?" Chad finally snapped him out of his daze.

    Scott blinked as he turned to look at Chad. "Anna."

      "Who?" Chad furrowed, he was confused. "Scott," he held Scott's arm when Scott wanted to leave. "Where are you going man?"

   Scott pulled away from Chad. He looked around the hall because she suddenly disappeared, but then, he caught a glimpse of her going outside the hall. He followed, to catch up to her.

       Reaching outside the hall, he frantically ran in different directions to find her but it was like she had vanished.

             "Anna!"

He kept on yelling out her name wherever he went to a place to search... Where was she?!

    After some minutes, Scott returned back into the hall looking confused and distressed. Chad had quickly walked up to him, looking as confused as Scott.

     "What the hell man?!" Chad frowned, he wasn't used to seeing Scott that way. "Where did you suddenly run off to?"

     Scott ran his finger through his hair. "I-I-I don't know. What if my mind is playing tricks on me?"

      "Scott?" Chad placed a hand on Scott's shoulder. "Are you alright?" He was getting concerned.

    Before Scott could answer, someone's voice interrupted.