Twenty-six.

"What do you mean that she doesn't want you in the girl's life?!" Ethan roared at Scott.

Scott had already broken the news to his parents about his meeting with Anna some days back. They had pressed hard that Scott meet with Anna. When Scott had decided to tell them what the outcome of the meeting was, Ethan was furious.

"Dad, I understand her. Maybe she's right, I don't have a claim over Isabelle." Scott didn't wanted to push the issue further. He had resigned to fate that maybe he wasn't meant to be with either of them.

"What?! Can you hear yourself? How can you abandon your own flesh and blood because the mother says you're not needed? What right does she have to tell you that?!" Ethan snapped at Scott.

"Dad..."

"Isabelle is an Ontario! She belongs with us and not in some cramped up apartment." Ethan said raising his voice.

He frowned at Ethan. "What?"

"I already did my investigation while you were being slow about it. Most times, you don't use your heart to act, you use your brain. Did you really think Anna would give you your daughter just like that? You need to always have a plan B." Ethan told him.

"Plan B?" Scott was confused.

"We're filing for custody, she would get her subpoena by the end of the week." Ethan told him firmly.

Scott widened his eyes, stunned. "Subpoena! What the hell?!"

"Get a grip of yourself Scott, this is just the beginning." Ethan told him.

"Oh God." Scott ran his hand down his hair. "You wanna make more problems for me? How could you go behind my back and do that?!" Scott couldn't even yell at his father.

"I did you a favour, you should be glad I did because I don't know how a father would want to abandon his own child for no reason." Ethan glared at him.

Daniel opened the door, he entered his father's office and shut the door immediately.

He glanced at Scott and Ethan, sensing something, he asked. "Um... Is something wrong?" He asked walking up to his father's desk to drop some files. He could see that Scott was angry and his father was in a bad mood. "What's going on?" He glanced up at his father.

"I have made a decision, we are taking custody of Isabelle." Ethan told Daniel bluntly

It took some seconds for Daniel to process the name Isabelle. "Wait what?" He blinked back at Ethan.

"Everything has been put in place already." Ethan leaned back against his chair.

"Dad, what are you talking about? Why do you want custody?" Daniel frowned at him.

"I don't see matters concerning my daughter as any of your business, I don't need a reaction from you." Scott eyed his brother.

Daniel ignored Scott's statement. "You can't do that!" Daniel raised his voice. "Why would you want to do that?!"

"Ask your brother, that woman doesn't want him near the child. She made it clear that she wouldn't give him a chance to be a father to Isabelle." Ethan said to Daniel, his older son.

"No one is touching the girl. No one in this room has the right to decide anything." Daniel was upset. The fact that Ethan wanted to take Isla away from Anna made him furious.

Scott turned to him. "I am Isabelle's father, I have ever right to decide."

Daniel turned, raising a brow at Scott. "How can you be so sure she is yours?"