Forty three.

Next morning....

   "I am a horrible father, aren't I? I suck at fatherly things." Scott stared at Isla who was staring back at him.

   "Oh don't worry." Isla patted his shoulder. "You'll be fine."

    "I don't even know how to take your bath." Scott shook his head.

    Isla smiled at him. "But you make the perfect ponytails." She flipped her ponytail confidently.

    He smiled back at her. "All thanks to your mom. I used to help pack her hair in ponytails when we were younger."

   "Wow. How did you meet mommy?" Isla asked him.

   Scott laughed, kissing her forehead. "Honestly sweetie, It's quite haze now but we were only kids. Don't tell your mom, Okay?" He stood up from the bed with a smile, taking Isla's hand before leaving the room.

    The father and daughter headed out. They were greeted by some workers and some family friends too on their way out.

   "Scott?" A man around Scott's age called Scott, giving him a welcoming smile.

Scott's eyes widened when he saw the familiar face. "Ryan?! Hey man." He gave him a friendly handshake and then pulled him into a brotherly hug.

    "It's good to see you." Ryan said to him.

  "You too. It has been a while. How are you? Your wife, the kids?" Scott was extremely happy to see his college friend again.

   Scott and Ryan Webster were college friends and soon they also became business partners. The Ontarios also ventured into building constructions, so they were always contracted to build for Mi-tech owned by a multi-billionaire, Ryan Webster.

   "They are fine. What are you doing here? You're a long way from DC and..." Ryan stopped talking when he noticed the little Isla beside Scott. "Oh, look who we have here." Ryan smiled down at Isla who was staring at him.

   "Good morning." Isla greeted with a smile.

   Scott pulled Isla closer to his leg. "This is Isabelle my..." He paused, looking for the right word to use. "She's my little girl." Scott gave a wide smile.

  Ryan glanced at Scott, down to Isla then back to Scott. He was a bit confused. "Oh. No wonder, there's the resemblance." Ryan didn't ask further questions as it was none of his business. "Why don't you join me for breakfast with my family, we sure need to catch up on a few things."

   "Sorry man, I've got to go. I have an important appointment maybe next time." He smiled after declining.

   "It's okay. I hope I see you soon." Ryan nodded, giving him a handshake.

   "Hopefully. Say hi to Sophie and the kids for me." Scott told him.

    "Will do." Ryan said watching Scott take his leave.

   Just as Scott left Ryan, his phone rang. It was Anna. He sighed, not ready to speak to Anna.

    "Isabelle, it's mommy, talk to her?" He grinned at his daughter as he handed the phone to her.

    "Mommy!" Isla screamed into the phone.
❄❄❄❄❄❄

     It's been hours and hours, Scott hadn't picked any of her calls. She was already about to lose her mind. What if something bad had happened? She was going to fucking kill him!! Then, there was her baby girl's picture on his Instagram! What the hell was he thinking, showing the world her little girl?! She was fuming and swearing more than necessary. No word from Isla or Scott. That was it! She would kill Scott!