Hotheaded

"I advise you to watch out for vengeful spirits tonight..."

"Excuse me?"

The manor was a place full of mysteries and people as strange as each other, each of them engaged in different hobbies. This sometimes gave occasion to strange conversations like now when the embalmer of the mansion seemed to say dark things to the priestess who didn't seem to understand the words of the male.

The gray-eyed man had simply appeared out of nowhere, almost taking her by surprise if she hadn't already seen many unusual things before coming here. His hands were firmly clutched to his make-up box while his eyes were glaring at the young woman. Just as he was about to add something else, his breath caught as he felt his feet leave the ground and his body be lifted.

"Eli-"

The seer, incidentally lover of said embalmer, had just carried Aesop over his shoulder, then turned to Fiona with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, don't pay any attention to what he's saying, he's recently been reading a rather murky book of tales and is a bit too engrossed in the thing."

"Is that so? What was it? Maybe Patricia would be interested."

"Oh uh, I wouldn't recommend it, it really wasn't that great! If you want I'll help you find something better to give her!"

The ginger girl smiled at him before turning on her heels to go and find the enchantress. When she was out of earshot, Eli let out a long sigh before walking quickly to his room, locking the door and then gently setting the embalmer down on his bed, the latter wearing a grim look on his face.

"Why did you do that? I was going to tell her that if she ever laid eyes on you again, I'd feed them to Victor's dog."

The dark-haired man widened his eyes behind his blindfold at the male's statement before sighing and placing a hand on his hip .

"She was simply asking me about my oath, though I told her that I couldn't reveal anything."

"I'm sure she had some hidden agenda."

The seer let out a long sigh once more before reaching out to his lover and grabbing his hands then intertwining their fingers.

"Aesop,"

"Eli."

"Fiona is dating Patricia."

"So?"

"Well, it means you have nothing to worry about?"

"You don't understand."

The brown-haired man raised an eyebrow and moved to sit beside the embalmer. Was there something else weighing on the male's heart? If there was, he would do everything he could to help him solve the problem.

"Eli, everyone loves you."

The ashen haired male turned to him and brought his hands to his face, gently removing the piece of cloth hiding the blue eyes he loved so much.

"Everyone likes you too, sweetheart."

"It's different, you give off a warm, glowing aura while I, on the other hand, am associated with death. Someone who hangs around dead bodies can't fit with someone like you..."

"Did... someone say something to you?"

Aesop looked away at this question. So he had hit the nail on the head. It was true that the embalmer was getting quite a few inappropriate remarks related to his profession, and that was without adding the other things he was being told after the fact that he was now in a relationship with the seer was revealed. Some people simply had a hard time accepting that two men were together.

"I don't know who told you what but let me tell you one thing, it's not true. If it were true, how do you explain me being present with you right here?"

"You are just pitying me..."

Oh, that had slipped out of his mouth unintentionally. It wasn't what he meant and he had seen the pain in the other's eyes for a second.

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

No, it was not nothing, Eli forgave him everything too easily. It was always like that, he abused his kindness. The blue-eyed male noticed the agitation in the other's fleeing gaze, he knew what was going through his mind, it was not the first time after all. So he sketched a weak smile and then slipped his arms around the other's shoulders.

"Aesop."

"E-Eli..."

"It's all right."

The embalmer's tense body immediately relaxed at those words. Everything... was fine. He hesitated for a few moments before returning his embrace and burying his face in the crook of his neck, a faint smell of lila invading his nostrils. Maybe it was because he was out a lot to let Brooke get some fresh air, but the seer always had a flowery scent on him.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

With that, they remained in each other's arms for a moment before shifting afterwards to find themselves lying on the mattress. The body heat they shared gave them a sense of security that only they could make themselves feel. There were always hard times in this prison, but together, they would get through them.