The Phoenix' Eggs

Experienced Huntsman x Phoenix 

CW: Eggpreg, oviposition, laying eggs, mpreg, nsfw

Ngl I was kinda reluctant to post this here cuz it's mainly something u find on ao3 kskkskkdksk

______

"Eli... I think I'm pregnant."

"Excuse me-?"

Eli lived with his lover in the forest, some magical woods where humans could not enter, specifically humans because the two men were far from being humans themselves. While the male dressed with a mask and tattered clothes was a kind of prophet and at the same time a druid, his partner, Aesop, was one of the last survivors of his species, the phoenix.

It was a rather strange combination but the two beings had found each other one fine day and bonded together as if it was the normal thing to do. Their relationship grew and their connection became deeper, guiding them to commit the deed without suspecting that it would one day lead them to the current situation: Aesop was pregnant.

"Is this a joke?" asked Eli.

"A... joke...?" the other replied, tilting his head. "I'm serious."

"How would you know- I mean, you don't seem to have changed or anything-"

He should have expected this kind of reaction from Aesop. The male wasn't one to joke around and that's what made this whole thing even more frightening.

"I can feel it..." he said as he gently placed his hands on his uncovered abdomen. "I don't know how to explain it but, I feel a strange force taking shape inside me."

"I see."

Eli did not attempt to refute Aesop's words because he was probably right. His existence was even more divine after all, one could tell just by looking at the color of his hair reminiscent of the starry sky, his lineage was even part of the realm of myth to be even more accurate. Eli felt incredibly lucky to have built a love nest with this man.

However, a problem soon arose. What were they supposed to do in this situation? The whole thing about having children didn't bother him all that much and in fact filled him with joy imagining how adorable their offspring could be but he had no idea how phoenixes gave birth. He didn't even know that a male could be pregnant. 

"I would like to know though... Is there... I mean, what do I need to know about this? Is there anything I can do to help you? How long does the pregnancy last?"

He didn't know anything about it at all, but Aesop was still his partner and he would do his best to help him through this difficult time. Or maybe not so difficult.

"You don't have to worry about it that much. Need I remind you that I am not human despite my appearance? I'm far from a common bird as well, the incubation only lasts a single week so I guess you can already start looking for names for our children."

"Hmm... W-Wait- Incubation- Children-?!"

Was he telling him he was going to lay eggs!?

"What? You're not going to leave them nameless..."

"N-No! Not at all! But... uh... how many are there...?"

"My blood isn't as pure as my ancestors', not to mention the fact that you're not a phoenix... I'd say about ten?"

Holy crap, thank goodness Eli had been sitting on the bed from the start otherwise he would have passed out on the hard floor. Anyway, Aesop just thought his lover was exhausted and helped him position himself properly in the bed before sliding in beside him. When Eli woke up a few hours later, he found Aesop sitting on the edge of their bed with a nervous look on his face and his hands resting on his stomach.

"Aesop-"

"It is here-"

"What-"

Was he saying that the eggs were coming there, right now, in the immediate future? He hadn't even decided on a single name yet! He was going to be a father any minute now... The realization suddenly hit him and he then helped Aesop get on the bed, no time to get the dryad or anything, it shouldn't be too hard to assist him, right?

"It's okay, Aesop, just breathe..." he whispered in his ear.

And he took a deep breath. Eli stood behind Aesop, one of his hands resting on his shoulder to reassure him while the other spread his legs a little wider to give the eggs room to come out. The phoenix's cheeks were bright red and his breathing was also a little jerky.

"A-Aah- E-Eli..."

"You can do it, I believe in you." he cheered.

Thus, Aesop began to push. He let out a soft moan from his lips as he gripped Eli's arm, his nails would surely leave marks on his skin but Eli didn't care. All that mattered at the moment was that Aesop laid all his eggs without problems. After a moment of hard work, the first egg finally came out of his ass.

Unlike a normal egg, this one was the size of his hand, perfectly spherical, and it seemed to reflect the stars in the sky like a kind of stellar void. It was quite impressive, Eli thought. But now was not the time to get distracted, it was only the first one. Eli quickly and carefully wrapped the egg in a blanket to keep it warm before returning to Aesop. 

How long did it last? An hour? The whole evening? In any case, Eli couldn't help but bite his lower lip when he saw the distorted expression Aesop wore every time another egg came out of his belly. Lord, he wondered how all this could possibly pop out of his insides when it hadn't grown even an inch. It was truly magical and horrifying at the same time.

Finally, Aesop laid his last egg, the eleventh. It was more than expected but it didn't matter, they were going to give him just as much love as the others. Aesop lay in Eli's arms, completely out of breath, while Eli ran his fingers through his blue locks in a tender and comforting gesture. Eleven eggs, all the same size, in about a week, wings similar to the ones Aesop could spread would grow on the eggs and they could finally hatch after that.

"Got any ideas for names?" asked Eli.

"Not yet..." he sighed, his breath still ragged. "But we still have a little time before us."

"True."

Eli pushed a lock of the hair out of Aesop's forehead and then placed a kiss there. He couldn't wait for their future children to come out of their shells and he had no doubt that Aesop would make a lovely mother. This was the beginning of a whole new family.