The Angel of the North

Experienced Huntsman x Solemn White

____

Snow fell continuously, creating fluffy layers on the forest ground and trees. Everything was white. Only a few black dots were scattered in this immaculate blanket. At the front, the muscular figure of a rather tall man led the way. Behind him was another frail-looking person, his face hidden by a cloak. Finally, two other people resembling guards closed the march behind him.

Under the cloak of the silhouette in the middle, a few blond locks were sticking out, so clear and shiny that they could be mistaken for gold thread. A cold wind suddenly blew against his face and forced him to close his eyes. The temperature was terribly low and if it wasn't for the warm clothes they were wearing, he would have probably perished in the cold mountains.

Why was he in such a place, you may ask. Well, even he couldn't help it. His fate had been sealed by his own people and he had been forced to cross tides and forests to reach the mountains, a fortress hidden by the cliffs whose walls were several meters high to protect it from attack, so tall that it gave it an imposing and threatening aspect.

After several steps in the storm, he finally saw the end of his journey. It was exactly what he had imagined, an impenetrable fortress, his new prison. The small group advanced to the drawbridge, which was lowered upon their arrival, as if it had been foretold. As they entered the stone enclosure, a dark-skinned man covered in fur and wearing a headband awaited them.

The man's dark eyes focused on the blonde figure, who lowered his hood a little more, intimidated by the male's gaze. The black man gave a snicker before motioning for the group to follow him. After a few minutes of walking through corridors and halls, they arrived at two huge doors where two bright blue tapestries were hanging, with an owl emblem drawn on them.

The man in the tribal outfit pushed open the doors and entered with an attitude full of confidence, the others following him with a little less assurance. The blond finally raised one of his emerald eyes to look around. It looked like a throne room, although it was nothing like the one at his home. The decoration was somewhat... atypical. By that he meant that he would never have imagined seeing stuffed heads of wild animals hanging on the walls like hunting trophies.

His bodyguard in front of him seemed to have had the same thoughts because he saw him clenching his fists. The blond felt sorry for those who were with him but his attention was quickly drawn to something else, or rather someone. On a throne made of leather and covered with animal skin, a man with clothes in a very poor state was sitting. He was wearing a kind of robe that showed strange tattoos on his chest and a mask with a horn on the side hid his eyes.

It may not have been the best thing to say about the person he had literally been sold to but, the blond felt as if he was drawn to this person. Something about him, like a sixth sense, seemed out of this world. The latter had probably felt his gaze on him because he saw a sly smile forming on his lips. He shuddered.

"The Prince of Nightingale..." he uttered.

The guard with the imposing figure then took a step forward to hide his master but the blond called his name, Bane, and he reluctantly stepped back. The blond man stepped forward and removed his hood, revealing his golden hair and emerald green eyes. His eyes showed no emotion and his white skin gave him a porcelain doll look.

"A beautiful face indeed. Welcome to Oletus... Aesop Carl if I am not mistaken?"

"That's... right." he replied.

"Hmm... Ganji, show them to their quarters."

What?

"Very well."