Partners

Final Honor x Hamlet

CW: Omegaverse

_____

Two eyes slowly opened in a flutter, revealing a green as bright as emeralds. Blond locks glowed like gold under the rays of the rising sun. The figure gently emerged from under the covers, wincing briefly as he felt a stinging pain in his lower half. His skin was pearl white and stained with red marks scattered all over his body.

He straightened up and looked up at the mirror, his eyes remaining fixed on the mirror for a long moment while his mind played with images from the night before when he could see his flushed and lustful expression in the reflection of it. A very indecent illustration. His pupils then went down towards the traces of bites and kisses around his neck. His fingers ran over each one, occasionally trembling when they tingled.

"Aesop?" called a familiar voice.

He turned and saw a young, dark-haired man with blue eyes coming out of the door that led to the bathroom, water still dripping from his wet hair. This man? It was simply his partner, Eli Clark. The male was the current duke of the duchy and they had both known each other since they were children. They were best friends. However, they didn't expect their relationship to change drastically because of one detail.

Aesop was an omega.

This was discovered a few days before his coming-of-age ceremony when he was practicing on the grounds of his home with Eli and his first heat appeared. In their panic and confusion, the two boys saw no other option but to steal each other's first experience. There was no one around at the time and Aesop had asked him personally knowing that his best friend was an alpha.

Eli agreed since he couldn't bear to see Aesop suffer and so he took him in his embrace. Fortunately, he had enough self-control and managed to restrain himself from marking him. However, both of them knew that this kind of incident would happen again in the future and that it could eventually become dangerous. The best thing to do was to marry Aesop to an alpha quickly enough to help him.

However, the young blond had no intention of being sold in marriage to anyone. Being only the son of a baron, just finding an alpha among the nobility who would want him was already a difficult task. On Eli's side, maybe it was because of his knight mindset, but Aesop was his most precious friend and he would do anything for his well being. 

So, after informing both families and reaching an agreement. It was announced during Aesop's banquet that he was now Eli's betrothed. The parents of the dark-haired man were neutral and benevolent people who had decided to leave the choice of the future partner of their son to him. As for Aesop's family, things were also quite similar and they could only be delighted at the idea of their son marrying into a ducal family, second in rank to the royal family.

A year passed after that and the wedding was quickly celebrated. The previous Duke Clark gave his title to Eli and retired to the side of the former duchess, the old couple having settled in one of their secondary residences in the countryside while the newly married couple began to familiarize themselves with their surroundings. To cut a long story short, everything had gone smoothly and the two best friends didn't see any inconvenience in the change that had taken place in their relationship.

Or at least, that's what it seemed like to everyone.

"Eli, you were already awake."

"Sorry, I preferred to let you sleep a little longer since you looked exhausted."

The brown-haired man placed the towel around his neck on a chair before walking over to the bed where the blond man was, sitting down next to him before grabbing one of his hands and pressing a kiss against his forehead. Aesop blushed slightly at the male's affectionate display but his mind still wasn't relaxed and it was quickly noticed by Eli who frowned.

"Is something wrong?"

Eli could always read him like an open book.

"Eli... Are you... Do you regret marrying me?"

"What-?"

The green-eyed male turned his gaze to the side at that question, clutching the blanket wrapped around him a little tighter like some kind of shield. His chest ached after asking this and he didn't know why, just as he didn't know that the feeling was shared by the other young man. It was a thought that had been torturing him for a while now.

"I mean... It's my fault, right? If it wasn't for your kindness, all this wouldn't have happened and you could have married someone else-"

"Aesop."

Eli intertwined their fingers as he placed his free hand on the blond's cheek and pressed his forehead to his, his blue eyes meeting his emerald pupils.

"I already told you, it was our decision to both of us."

"But-"

"And I have absolutely no regrets."

Aesop bit his lower lip. Those words had just come out of the mouth of the very person concerned, but he still found it hard to believe. From his point of view, the only thing he had done was cause the other to worry and deprive him of a future that could have been more pleasant than this present they were living in.

"Eli..."

"Aesop, you are my friend, my partner, my husband. These things will not change in the future and I will continue to love you. I want you to carry my children and stay by my side."

The blond man's eyes widened, simply in shock. Eli let a weak laugh escape then slipped his thumb under his eyelid to wipe away a tear that threatened to run down his cheek. This wasn't a joke, was it? Could Aesop really afford to place these heavy feelings weighing on his heart on Eli without the fear of bothering him with them?

To be honest, Aesop had never been happier since he was married to Eli.

"Do you really mean it? Are you sincere in what you say? Won't you change your mind later if I get clingy?"

Eli uncrossed his hand from his and then slid his palms over the blond's shoulders, sketching a soft smile.

"Really. We've already taken our vows, right? Till death do us part."

These last words echoed in his head and had the same effect as a waterfall crashing on him to wake him up. He finally moved from his comfortable prison to lean forward and put his arms around the brunet's shoulders, his lips parting to say something but the words being muffled by another pair of lips resting against his.

Strong arms wrapped around his naked waist and his arms tightened a little more around the figure of the male while their mouths joined together. This passion that had been eating away at him for so long finally reached Eli and he was bathed in euphoria as it was returned to him. Aesop loved Eli.

Not just as a friend but as a man, a confidant, a lover.

The same could be said for the dark-haired man but it was needless to say because his feelings had already been clear to him for some time and he had only waited for the day when Aesop would finally respond to his love.

"Eli... I love you, Eli... Don't ever abandon me."

"I won't. On the contrary, I have a lot of affection to give and I'm afraid I'll scare you away because of it." he laughed.

"Impossible."

The two chuckled wholeheartedly together before exchanging another, longer, more longing, more gentle kiss.

"Aesop... My omega... I almost wish I could tie you up to keep you by my side forever..."

"I wouldn't mind but it wouldn't be necessary, I belong to you after all."

Eli blushed furiously at the words before kissing his husband again in a more fiery manner this time and Aesop accepted his love with all his being, ready to receive anything he could give him...