Vow to my demon

Demons AU

_____

Demons. Beings said to be evil and living in a dark dimension. They feed on the flesh and blood of their victims, drawing their energy from the fear they inflict. However, not all of them were bloodthirsty beasts and as in any civilization, there was a hierarchy of classes. The law of the strongest. But since one person could not keep his power forever, some established what we call nowadays, clans.

"Are you sure of your decision...?"

A man dressed in a blue cloak and a fox mask walked along a large hallway of the stately home. Behind him, two men who were probably two heads taller followed him with a scowl. They both wore the same mask as the one in front and the same style of oriental clothing. They looked exactly alike except that one was all dressed in black and the other in white. However, one detail remained unique to the three men and that was that fluffy fox tail that trailed behind them, sometimes wagging as if to express how they felt.

"My mind is already made up." said the one in blue.

"You will not be able to go back afterwards..." replied the man in white.

"I don't agree! What's so great about him!?" yelled the other one in black. "He acts like he's all that, someone that arrogant doesn't deserve the master's favor!"

"Wujiu-!"

At that moment, the three men stopped in the middle of the hallway. The man in black called Wujiu gulped, a drop of sweat running down the back of his neck. His colleague in white was standing right next to him and his eyes darted back and forth between him and the other in blue. The latter had his back turned to them and seemed strangely silent. The two tall men wouldn't be so nervous if they didn't know it was a bad omen.

"Fan Wujiu," the man in the blue cloak said.

An icy chill ran down the demon's back and without being asked anything, he abruptly knelt on the ground, his hands resting against the ground and his head on them.

"F-Forgive me- This servant right here said some things he shouldn't have..."

"M-Master, be merciful..."

Slowly, with a shadowy motion that would make the bravest of men turn pale, the masked demon's figure shifted around, his mouth forming a straight line. It was a good thing his eyes were covered because Fan would have surely turned into a pile of dust otherwise.

"Merciful? You're asking a demon to take pity on another demon?" he laughed, "Do you hear yourself talking Bian? Who would have thought that someone would ever ask such a thing, of me."

A smile was now drawn on the lips of the male but it was far from being a good sign. Fan Wujiu had just provoked a person he should never confront. Eli Clark, the current master of the fox demon clan, one of the most powerful in the Oletus region at the moment. Bian and Wujiu were considered his right hand men, they were sort of in charge of taking care of the paperwork and problems.

However, they got word of their master's intentions regarding a certain other well-known demon in the area... Aesop Carl. He was the leader of the ogre clan distinctive for the horns on their head. Famous for being the most brutal and bloodthirsty of all the demon races. To be honest, having ties with this clan was a good thing, at least it would be if the current head of the clan didn't have such a reputation...

According to rumors, Aesop was a frighteningly calm man unlike the rest of his race - they all looked normal until you caught their attention with a drop of blood and they would turn into terrible monsters, which was not the case for him. Instead, he was considered more the absent-minded one, the dreamer who spent his days writing boring poems in his room and looking at the gray sky from his window.