Only Kiss Me

Modern au

____

Eli was just your typical college student, single, overloaded with work, eating ready-made meals and consuming caffeine. A hellish pace that he managed to keep up with thanks to his dorm roommate, Aesop Carl. The young man was much more organized than him and always made sure that the fridges and cupboards were full, saving the brunet's life on several occasions.

They had only known each other for a year, since their first year of college when they were assigned to the same room together. Aesop wasn't a person who talked much so it was quite awkward at first but Eli's friendly nature quickly solved the problem and they became good friends. The feeling was mutual of course.

Unlike the others, the dark-haired man didn't stick his nose into other people's business and let Aesop have his space. However, Eli was surprised by the number of friends his roommate had despite his quiet and self-effacing nature. They had some in common, but sometimes it was the first time he had seen some of them. The most surprising thing was probably how close they were to the male.

"Aesop~ Let's go to the party~"

"Luca... I already told you a few hours earlier that I had an assignment to finish..."

"Ehh~ So annoying, I can solve this problem in a few seconds if you want!"

"No thanks. I'd rather do it myself and your handwriting is horrible anyway, it would be noticeable right away."

"You're the one who's horrible!"

Luca Balsa, precisely one of those infamous friends he didn't know. Eli was sitting on his bed looking at his phone screen while Aesop was sitting at the table in the middle of the small room with the other dark-haired guy with a striped top halfway through crushing him with his weight. They looked close. Luca had been in their room once or twice before but he didn't know much about him. 

"You should go instead of staying here, can't you see you're bothering Eli?"

"What!?" he suddenly turned to the dark-haired man in question, "Eli, do you think I'm annoying!?"

"Oh, uh, no. You're always welcome." he replied with a smile.

"See!"

"He's just being polite."

The two continued their banter for a moment longer before Luca felt he had bothered them enough, he knew perfectly well what he was doing but there was a reason behind it.

"Well, see you tomorrow in class then 'sop!"

"Mhm."

"Oh and don't forget to tell me if there's any progress with your crush!"

Aesop blushed furiously and Luca simply chuckled before placing a peck against his cheek and storming off. Eli, who had been watching the whole scene from his bed, raised an eyebrow. Aesop had a crush? He hadn't expected that. To be honest, he thought for a moment that he and Luca were dating because of how the latter was being very physical, but it seems that he was mistaken.

If he didn't like girls, maybe he would be attracted to Aesop. The male had delicate features, porcelain-white skin, his monotone light-gray eyes strangely exuded a great vividness and his hair was so silky that he would be lying if he said he didn't want to slip his hand in it. Anyway, long story short, his roommate was really good looking, in a platonic way.

"Do you like anyone?"

Aesop flinched at Eli's sudden question, the brunet couldn't see the expression he was making since he was facing his back but he was sure his face was worth the look.